curious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

figure five

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody

I finished all of my secondaries in august and september, but there are a still a few schools who sent me "application complete" notices several months ago and have since communicated nothing. The schools are as follows:

Harvard
Northwestern
Penn
WashU
OHSU
UCSD
UCLA

At this point, I've had to skip on a few interview offers at slightly less prestigious schools, because I can't afford to fly cross country for one school at a time anymore. Why are these programs so slow? I want to check them out and give them a shot, but as I have a couple of acceptances I'm tempted to just throw in the towel and be done with all of this.

just wondering if anybody else is facing the same dilemma

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

where have you been accepted that you skipped out on some schools?

I finished all of my applications very early, too. I'm an Oregon resident, and OHSU didn't start interviewing until mid-November. I interviewed there in late November. UCLA also didn't start interviewing until about November. I was finally sent an interview offer from them in December, but didn't go b/c I had already been accepted at OHSU. I hope that helps with those schools. Congrats on getting in elsewhere. I would encourage you to go to additional interviews only if you would rather be at those schools than the ones you have been accepted to. All that interviewing stuff is not fun, plus it's expensive!

I've had my application complete at

Northwestern and Emory

for 4 and 3 months respectively and I'm ready to say forget them too. I especially think so now because I turned in an app to U of Chicago a few days before the January 4th deadline and I have received an interview invitation, so I'm sayin' FORGET NORTHWESTERN!