current courses & transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've posted this before but still am very confused about it. This time I'll pose the question differently. Hopefully it will apply to more of you, so I can get the response I need.

Are you all turning in Spring Semester/Quarter grades to AMCAS and requesting a transcript? I'm currently enrolled in 1 course (have already graduated from college)and recently found out the transcript won't be available until mid-July (even though the course ends at the end of May). Is it possible to check the current coursework for this class and not turn in a transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I think unless that one class is going to help you out significantly, it is best to let AMCAS processes your application ASAP. Timing seems to be as important if not more important than GPAs and MCAT scores.

You could always send the grade into individual schools in update letters.

Yes, I agree with Hero. That's what most people would do so their application does not get delayed. You can always get updated transcripts sent to AMCAS later. i.e. DO NOT do it in a self written letter, since they don't like hearing about these grades through you. They trust that transcripts will not be tampered with, if sent from your school. Make sense?

Members don't see this ad :)
PS: you might wanna check on this, but you may have to "resubmit and recertify" your application once you send in new grades. Check into that.

Will AMCAS process the application without the transcript even though it won't technically be "current coursework" b/c the course will have ended? I guess that is my real question. It's a course I took for fun and has nothing to do with med school.

AMCAS will not process your application until all the transcripts for Completed Coursework have been received. The schools will not see your AMCAS application until AMCAS has reviewed all your transcripts.

I would leave the course off for now or enter it as future coursework.