Current events question in interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammin06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that schools oftentimes present current events in medicine and health care to students in their interview. I am not sure why, but perhaps to see if the student spends 24/7 in a book and comes out of his or her academic bubble for anything aside from food and sleep. Aside from trying to read the newspapers and magazines every day, anyone know a good way keep their finger on the pulse of modern medicine? (ok, really bad pun, but its early and I'm about to go to class) I've subscribed to a few of cnn.com's email alerts, but i know there are better websites than cnn that offer current medical issues. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

read the big newspapers, NY times and such. i think they are the most comprehensive. msnbc health is also good.

you can try kaiser family foundation (kff.org, i think) or nytimes.com or the NIH website for other topics. You don't have to be an expert on anything, but know what's going on in general. When the feeding tube debate was going on in florida, I was asked what I thought of it. I didn't need much scientific knowledge, but I was glad I had been watching CNN that morning.