SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Current Freshman Pre-Dents

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EVN3331, Apr 29, 2002.

1. EVN3331

EVN3331 Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Hello I am new to the board. I was just wondering if there were any other current freshman who are pre-dental students. Just thought we could share our stories or whatever in this post.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. drpduck

drpduck Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Baltimore
    I'm also a freshman pre-dent. I have spent a lot of time reading SDN, and it has helped me to choose dentistry as a career. I have already spent some time shadowing my dentist and I absolutely love it!! I can't wait to get to dental school and beyond..........it seems far away but time certainly flies!!!!!!

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper 10+ Year Member

EVN and DRP,

Great to see your enthusiasms and determination at this early stage for dentistry as a career! I wish I had your focused mentalities during my freshman year as well as this great website for reference. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and post. Take a FULL advantage of this site, there are a lot of great people here to help you including myself. Stay focused and on task, but enjoy your college years. :cool:

5. steiner19er

steiner19er Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Calif
    The best advice i can give u (besides keeping the grades up) is to buy the book Admission Requirements of US and Canadian dental schools. It will focus u on where to apply (some schools won't accept out of state), average GPA for each school, what the deadlines are, contact phone #'s etc...... It is the best $35 I have ever spent. Considering most dental school charge about $40 you will already be saving money. Apply to your state schools (best bet) then your out-of-state private (another good bet, and lastly your out-of state publics (a shot in the dark).

6. steiner19er

steiner19er Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Calif
    heres the address to buy the book, just have your dad's Visa ready
    <a href="http://www.adea.org/publications/admission_requirements.htm" target="_blank">http://www.adea.org/publications/admission_requirements.htm</a>