1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Current Freshman Pre-Dents

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EVN3331, Apr 29, 2002.

1. EVN3331

EVN3331 Member

Hello I am new to the board. I was just wondering if there were any other current freshman who are pre-dental students. Just thought we could share our stories or whatever in this post.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drpduck

drpduck Senior Member

Dental Student
    I'm also a freshman pre-dent. I have spent a lot of time reading SDN, and it has helped me to choose dentistry as a career. I have already spent some time shadowing my dentist and I absolutely love it!! I can't wait to get to dental school and beyond..........it seems far away but time certainly flies!!!!!!

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    EVN and DRP,

Great to see your enthusiasms and determination at this early stage for dentistry as a career! I wish I had your focused mentalities during my freshman year as well as this great website for reference. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and post. Take a FULL advantage of this site, there are a lot of great people here to help you including myself. Stay focused and on task, but enjoy your college years. :cool:

5. steiner19er

steiner19er Senior Member

The best advice i can give u (besides keeping the grades up) is to buy the book Admission Requirements of US and Canadian dental schools. It will focus u on where to apply (some schools won't accept out of state), average GPA for each school, what the deadlines are, contact phone #'s etc...... It is the best $35 I have ever spent. Considering most dental school charge about $40 you will already be saving money. Apply to your state schools (best bet) then your out-of-state private (another good bet, and lastly your out-of state publics (a shot in the dark).

6. steiner19er

steiner19er Senior Member

heres the address to buy the book, just have your dad's Visa ready
    <a href="http://www.adea.org/publications/admission_requirements.htm" target="_blank">http://www.adea.org/publications/admission_requirements.htm</a>