Current/Future Courses Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

This is a quick one, sorry for the new thread. Do schools ask you to send in your transcripts after you submit your primaries? I'm just curious how often this happens and how they would go about asking you to do it.

Members don't see this ad.

No, but you can send them update letters to let them know how you performed on those current/future classes, or if you decided to not take a certain class, etc.

So you have to do it yourself huh...

Ok don't judge me but here goes:

I'm in a class that is not going so well for me. The class will be complete well after I submit. I don't want med schools to EVER see it but I'm thinking that they probably will. Argh. I hate summer classes.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm in a class that is not going so well for me. The class will be complete well after I submit. I don't want med schools to EVER see it but I'm thinking that they probably will. Argh. I hate summer classes.

They will once you get accepted and have to send in your final transcript. If it's not on your transcript when you send it in for your primary, you don't have to worry about it during the application process....

Sorry to be a drag, but previous poster is correct - you'll have to submit final transcripts before medical school classes start. You'll also find that your medical school acceptance is conditional apon "continuing your present academic performance," which is a deliberately vague phrase that usually means: nothing below a C. Good luck.

Sorry to be a drag, but previous poster is correct - you'll have to submit final transcripts before medical school classes start. You'll also find that your medical school acceptance is conditional apon "continuing your present academic performance," which is a deliberately vague phrase that usually means: nothing below a C. Good luck.

WHEW!! you guys made me feel much better. It's gonna be much higher than a C, probably a B+, but I didn't want my GPA to drop at all during the application process. Once they accept me (please please, someone accept me) I don't care what they see.

And don't make fun of me about being neurotic about a B. Its getting awfully close to accept/reject time.

Do you have to update your AMCAS primary application if you decided to not take a course that was listed when the primary was submitted?

Do you have to update your AMCAS primary application if you decided to not take a course that was listed when the primary was submitted?

I'm pretty sure the only thing you can edit on your AMCAS app is the schools that it is going to. Once its submitted, its pretty much gone. But the consensus seems to be that Current/Future classes aren't concrete and med schools know that.

No. Just have a good answer ready for interviews in case somebody asks you how you liked the class. :laugh: