Current KCOM student please help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtb989s

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
KCOM students
I have a 3.36 gpa, a 28 on my MCAT and I have a good amount of extra curricular activities and am currently a phlebotomist. Based on location to family and a lot of other good about the school I want to go to KCOM. I just was wondering;

1.If I have a good shot of getting in?
2.If I do get in what are the chances I can either stay in Kirksville for the 3rd and 4th year, or do rotations in southern Missouri? I have a family and want to move them the least amount possible.

I mainly want to know about the rotations. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

KCOM students
I have a 3.36 gpa, a 28 on my MCAT and I have a good amount of extra curricular activities and am currently a phlebotomist. Based on location to family and a lot of other good about the school I want to go to KCOM. I just was wondering;

1.If I have a good shot of getting in?
2.If I do get in what are the chances I can either stay in Kirksville for the 3rd and 4th year, or do rotations in southern Missouri? I have a family and want to move them the least amount possible.

I mainly want to know about the rotations. thanks

Yes, you have a shot at both questions. There are many rotation sites in MO and based upon the match during the beginning of your second year will decide where you go. You give the school your top choices and then there is a match and you are awarded your spot. Many people do get their top choices, but there are always a few who don't match their first few choices.
But yes, you can match in Kirksville or other locations in MO if you so wish. Good luck!!

1. You have a great shot, go for it.

2. Matching to Kirksville for rotations is usually easy. As stated above, there are also many other sites in MO, so you will be fine.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar question about clinicals, do you get to tell them your reasons for wanting a specific location and do they take those into account? I own a house in one of the areas and I would love to come back and live in it instead of worrying about renting it out, seeing as how the market is so terrible. Also, my stepson lives in the same area and probably won't be able to come with us, but stay with his mom instead. Would they take that into consideration?

I should first say i am NOT a current med student there, but lets just say i do significant amount of research.

Just so you know Kirksville has currently already give out all its seats as of Feb 19th, 2009. They just emailed me about it saying if i wanted to interview with them still, they would welcome me to it but would only be able to offer me a seat for NEXT year if the interview went well. So if you're looking for KCOM this year, its too late (though a guarenteed seat for next year isn't that bad of deal).

As for the questions about rotations and locations and whatnot, they do allow a good amount of time during your INTERVIEW to ask these type of questions. But you have to make it to the interview part in order to talk to them about it.

Good luck, hope this was helpful.

Just so you know, spots will still open up. Although the class is technically full, people will be giving seats up (due to various reasons). That's just the nature of the game.

I have a similar question about clinicals, do you get to tell them your reasons for wanting a specific location and do they take those into account? I own a house in one of the areas and I would love to come back and live in it instead of worrying about renting it out, seeing as how the market is so terrible. Also, my stepson lives in the same area and probably won't be able to come with us, but stay with his mom instead. Would they take that into consideration?

Rotation sites are given via a match. Most people get one of their top two sites.