Current MS, has there been a lot of movement after Oct 15th in the past?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gublagu3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On SDN, many have been speculating that there may be a lot of movement after the Oct 15th date, when medical schools can start formally informing certain applicants that they have been accepted. In the experience of current medical students, did you guys see more movement after this date in past years? To clarify, with regards to more movement, I mean did schools send you guys more interview invites? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience not a significant amount. About what it was through September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Say it ain't so
I got a lot of early interviews and many people got a good deal of late ones though. It really is impossible to say for individuals. I just noticed on average there weren't massive waves of II's everywhere I applied. Granted, I withdrew almost everywhere after the 15th.

On SDN, many have been speculating that there may be a lot of movement after the Oct 15th date, when medical schools can start formally informing certain applicants that they have been accepted. In the experience of current medical students, did you guys see more movement after this date in past years? To clarify, with regards to more movement, I mean did schools send you guys more interview invites? Thanks in advance!
It didn't seem to change too much for me. I was complete at all schools by early August, and the II's came at a fairly steady rate starting in August and lasting through the holiday season. This is purely anecdotal though, so maybe some adcoms can offer more insight as to how their schools work.