Current NOVA Students - Important Questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sethpol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I

I was wondering if current NOVA students could post their opinions on housing near the campus. I know that the closest are Cedar Key, Cameron Cove, Poincianta and Sunforest - but what do you recommend?
Also, when do you suggest people start securing housing? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I went down in March or April and put down a deposit but you could probably wait until June at some places. I live in Sunforest and the place is really a dump for the rent you pay. The only reason to stay in Sunforest is if you have a dog, because there are not many places around the school that allow pets. Ponciana is very nice but a block or so further from the school. Cedar Key, like Sunforest is right across the street making it easy to walk to class. Palm Trace is also nice but not as close as Sunforest and Cedar Key. So if you want to walk to class try Cedar Key. If you want to walk to class and have a dog try Sunforest. If you could care less about walking to class go with Ponciana, Palm Trace or any of the others. Congrats on your acceptance and get ready to have some fun orientation week(July 31st for us).

-Joshua