Current or Former Pritzker Hold Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I am on Hold at Pritzker...I logged in this morning to check my status and I had the hold message (no mention of 2007 or 2008, just says late January)...if it is legitimate, frankly, I am SHOCKED. Pritzker is by far my first choice, but my numbers are very mediocre, and certainly below their averages...I guess I will call later this afternoon to confirm....anyone else called?
Not yet, I will call later this afternoon though. Post back with what you find; I certainly will.

Members don't see this ad.

I called, it is true, I am on hold...I don't know whether to be sad that I didn't get an interview, or whether to celebrate that they are even giving me a chance with my below average stats...so, now I guess the question is, how many people actually get off the hold list???

I checked my status this morning: on hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called, it is true, I am on hold...I don't know whether to be sad that I didn't get an interview, or whether to celebrate that they are even giving me a chance with my below average stats...so, now I guess the question is, how many people actually get off the hold list???

Check out the link I posted on page 1 of this thread, post #7. That link shows what happened with some of the people last year that got the Pritzker pre-interview hold. Doesn't look great.... But it's definitely an accomplishment that you didn't get outright rejected! Congrats!

Aww man, sucks for all of us. Let's hope it gets much better from here on out. Gotta get cracking on those LOIs I guess.

On hold. At least they acknowledged reviewing my app.

I guess I just wonder what distinguishes the 'hold' applicants from the applicants they selected to interview...based on SDN, it seems all the applicants that have been invited to interview have stellar stats, but they have also rejected a lot of people with amazing numbers, or put people on hold with amazing numbers...is it just that we weren't the exact right 'fit,' but we might be in six months?

My status page says I am on hold, but I have not yet received a hold email, what about other people? Should I be expecting an email?

No e-mail here either. Either they are being really slow or it's a tech glitch. I don't know what to hope for at this point with Pritzker.

put on hold here too.

they put me on hold two days after i submitted my app, so im pretty sure they only put your stats into some formula and if you fall below a certain number, you're put on hold. i cant imagine them reading all of my essays and then making a decision. now i feel stupid for wasting all that time on the "good fit" essay.

anybody with below a 34 and 3.8 get invited for an interview? not likely.

Well, I think it might actually be more complicated than that because many people with very high numbers (39, 3.9 kind of numbers, check out the 2008 rejection thread) have been flat out rejected, some have been offered interviews, and some have been put on hold...so I am sure there is some numbers screening going on, but I don't think it's just a numbers game there, it's about the elusive fit...that being said, I haven't come across anyone offered an interview who has had mediocre numbers....so people with lower numbers who seem like a good fit probably go to the hold pile, and who knows if we could ever make it out...

put on hold here too.

they put me on hold two days after i submitted my app, so im pretty sure they only put your stats into some formula and if you fall below a certain number, you're put on hold. i cant imagine them reading all of my essays and then making a decision. now i feel stupid for wasting all that time on the "good fit" essay.

anybody with below a 34 and 3.8 get invited for an interview? not likely.

That is suspiciously fast. But I was complete on 8/2 and only have a 30 and a 3.78 and I'm still waiting for my status to change - no hold, no rejection, no anything! If it were a formula they used to put people on hold or automatically reject them, I really should have heard by now. No? I swear, they must have misplaced my app.

That is suspiciously fast. But I was complete on 8/2 and only have a 30 and a 3.78 and I'm still waiting for my status to change - no hold, no rejection, no anything! If it were a formula they used to put people on hold or automatically reject them, I really should have heard by now. No? I swear, they must have misplaced my app.

I feel that same way, I have been complete since 8/2 and no word

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that same way, I have been complete since 8/2 and no word

Mango - if you don't mind my asking, do you have any immediate family that you put down on your secondary as having attended UofC institutions? I have, and I'm starting to wonder if somehow they think that it's more polite to reject people with a family history at UofC later rather than sooner? Personally, if I'm going to receive the axe, I'd rather it be now than later. I just saw another person who was complete on 8/28 get a rejection. There's no way with my stats I've really got a shot there.... You're in a much better position. Your MCAT score makes me drool!

No Phoenix, I did not indicate that I have any family that attended UofC. Kind of wish I did because I am sure that would help. Thanks for the vote of confidence with the MCAT but I am just as confused as you are, and kinda losing hope form this school. I agree, I would defintely like to hear from them sooner than later, rejection or not....Hey, maybe the reviewer that has our applications has just taken a long august+september vacation??? ....I wish

Hey, maybe the reviewer that has our applications has just taken a long august+september vacation??? ....I wish

I was just thinking that! Absolutely, I think that's the best explanation at this point. We were both complete the same day, so maybe we got into the same pile given to one of the reviewers, and they're just...ummm...otherwise occupied. If so, it's probably not much longer til we hear something too.

FYI, I just talked to Pritzker Admissions, and they are NOT sending out emails for Hold status...I am not sure if they are just not sending them out anymore, or if they were, or what, but she said that I am, indeed, on hold and that I should not expect an email to confirm that....

Howdy. I'll be talking with Joni Huff about hold status and portal stuff TONIGHT for the podcast (in about an hour and a half actually). If you want me to ask anything specifically, let me know here or via email.

I'm on Hold, actually kinda happy that I don't have to shell out money to go to the greatlakes area, repeatedly.

ARGH! Mango, did you get another "your application is complete" email today? This is the THIRD one I've received! On hold (on the phone) with them now....

yup, i just got it...what is going on? Let me know if you figure something out.

yup, i just got it...what is going on? Let me know if you figure something out.

Yup. The very nice woman I just spoke to said she has no idea why this is happening, but that anyone that got the third complete email today should call in and let her know.

She told me she'll convey this to the committee, and I should expect (hopefully) a decision this week. She also said that any decision WILL be shown on the status page, and that an interview or hold would also be emailed, but that the rejection would be snail mailed. If you wait to call in a little bit, perhaps she'll have had time to look into it and will have figured out what happened...... Let me know if you find anything out too!

I must have spoken to the non-nice lady....She basically told me that she doesn't know why this is happening but that all my elements are complete. I asked her if there was some type of an error and she said no?....Who knows

I must have spoken to the non-nice lady....She basically told me that she doesn't know why this is happening but that all my elements are complete. I asked her if there was some type of an error and she said no?....Who knows

Ack - sorry. I know. There are DEFINITELY two very different women answering the admissions phones. I've spoken to the "not so nice" woman before. Today I got the woman that actually sends out the emails and snail mail letters to applications. She said she was out last week, so she wasn't the one that set up the email that we got, and that she'd look into it. She said that the "close file" button is right next to the "complete file" button, and that she guessed that maybe someone accidentally pressed "complete" again instead of "close" after a decision was made on my app. However, she said that it doesn't really explain it since she doesn't see that any decision WAS made.

My best guess is that all of us had pending MCAT scores when we got the first complete email. When our scores later came out (in July), we were then pulled out of the holding pattern pile and marked complete, but somehow got put into the wrong place (perhaps the pile still waiting for MCAT scores), and someone just noticed it when they grabbed the pile again to input the scores that came out last week. Again, that's my best guess. Did you take the June MCAT?

yup, 6/15...I think I will wait and see what happens, then maybe try calling again later in the week. Either way, it kind of sucks that we are getting reviewed late, doesn't help our chances in an already ridiculously picky process.

I'm still confused with the hold status... According to the website, I am also on hold. Should I be expecting an email to confirm? Is the website telling the truth, or is this a technical glitch? Thanks for any clarification you can give me!

I just posted the fourth episode of the podcast this morning...it covers a lot of this stuff that can be confusing at times. If you're feeling frustrated by all this hold/glitch/whatever stuff, check it out. There's is a ton of information in this one about all sorts of stuff.

Its iTunes page is here.

ack! just got put on hold this morning!

Still waiting here. I called again this morning, and the woman I spoke to (a different one) said that there were only a few of us that got that third complete email. She said that it was discovered to be a technicality, and shouldn't have any effect on the review of our apps. However, she did say that we should receive a decision within 4-6 weeks of being complete. I let her know that I'm at week six, and that I still haven't heard anything. She said that it does seem odd, and would pass the info on, and that I should call back next Wed to hear when I should expect a decision.

Phoenix, I'm really jealous that you're getting the woman to tell you information! It seems like whenever I call I get the not-as-nice one and she's always curt and unresponsive. I am so sick of logging in and seeing "no decision has been made" arghh! I don't know what else to do! I sent a letter of interest over a week ago but still nothing!

Phoenix, I'm really jealous that you're getting the woman to tell you information! It seems like whenever I call I get the not-as-nice one and she's always curt and unresponsive. I am so sick of logging in and seeing "no decision has been made" arghh! I don't know what else to do! I sent a letter of interest over a week ago but still nothing!

Well, for what it's worth, I figure that those of us that are still waiting, and initially got that third complete email, will probably all hear back at the same time. So, I'll be sure to post on Wednesday if they give me any other information. Hang in there. I think this will be the week (alas, likely for worse, not for better).

Just checked my status...and final decision for interview has been made:

i am REJECTED!

it doesn't hurt as badly as i thought it would, and now i get to join the pritzker-rejects club here on sdn, which is such an honor...:p

I'm so sorry, Ladyluck! All that aggravation for a rejection! I'm sure I'll suffer the same fate.

I called Pritzker about 30 minutes ago and spoke with the woman who I spoke to last week, who had told me to call to speak to another person this Wed. Well, she said that in fact I'll need to call next Monday, since the woman I might get more information from about the odd 3 complete emails and glitch hold status isn't in today. It was a little scary, because all I said was that I'd called last week about receiving three complete emails, and she said "Oh, is this Ms. _______? We spoke last week." Scary that she remembered my last name right off the bat like that! Anyway, she said that all she could tell me is that I am still under review, and to call back next week.

I just got home from another interview and checked my status page and it says I'm on hold!:

Your application has been placed on "Hold" for a second review in late January. We would encourage you to submit to our Committee any updates or additional information that you would like to share with us (i.e. grades, reflections on a summer experience, extracurricular activity updates, research progress, etc.)

I called to see if this hold message is actually correct, or is just a glitch (she did JUST tell me I'm still under review), but I keep getting the recording. *sigh* If it is a hold, I'm going to consider it a very polite, slow, rejection. But honestly, I still think this is a glitch, and that my skinny letter is also in the mail. I'll update if I manage to get through. But at this point - no news is good news? Heh.

After hearing from current students about the 8-6 classwork and that their favorite weekend activities are going to the library, I almost feel Pritzker did me a favor by sending me a thin envelope.

WOOO! I'm on hold at Pritzker!!!!! :D After all of that agony, a hold is GOOD! Apparently some decisions were just made an hour ago and they're updating the system again right now. Everyone check your status pages and good luck!

(FYI - I was just told that the third completion email I received was because I'd been reviewed again and was going to be put on hold (or something like that), so perhaps the glitch wasn't really a glitch. Who knows?)

Congrats, I guess! I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy to be hold, but hey, whatever works :)

Congrats, I guess! I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy to be hold, but hey, whatever works :)

Thanks! I was SO sure that I was going to get rejected that in comparison, this is great news! Hey, my chances are incredibly slim, but it's still a chance. I've got a 30 on the MCAT with an 8 in PS. I was certain I didn't even have any chance at all. Know what I mean? Reading SDN can do this to a person.....

Anyway, I'll have to think up something to update them with between now and January (I have no classes this year, no research, etc.). But it's all good!

Welcome to the club. We should have a potluck.

Phoenix that's awesome--congrats on the hold! I'm not sure that everyone that got the third completion email was going to be put on hold though, because I kept getting all those glitches and stuff too but I was definitely rejected! Sigh. First one of many to come, I suppose.

But if I were you, I too would be ecstatic about the hold! That means a lot at Pritz! (I'm on hold at Mich...let's see where that gets me!)

I was put on hold today. 41/3.96 and tons of ECs. WFT? Pritzker can suck my proverbial d*ck.

your probably not diverse enough. Did you double major or do a lot of artsy things?

Phoenix, congratulations! Crazy when a school rejects so many amazing people that being put on hold is something to celebrate! You will not be getting an email about being on hold. I was put on 'hold' on 9/7 and I called the admissions office twice on two different days to confirm my status, since I did not receive an email. Both times I was told they were not sending out emails for hold status, only emails for interviews, letters for rejections...I am not sure if that has changed since they first started handing out holds, but I am guessing this is accurate since I called twice and I think someone else (maybe BigRedPremed) also posted that no emails would be going out....

Phoenix, congratulations! Crazy when a school rejects so many amazing people that being put on hold is something to celebrate! You will not be getting an email about being on hold. I was put on 'hold' on 9/7 and I called the admissions office twice on two different days to confirm my status, since I did not receive an email. Both times I was told they were not sending out emails for hold status, only emails for interviews, letters for rejections...I am not sure if that has changed since they first started handing out holds, but I am guessing this is accurate since I called twice and I think someone else (maybe BigRedPremed) also posted that no emails would be going out....

Funny that the woman I spoke with today said that I'd be receiving a "hold" email as well. Guess not! But thanks for the congrats - you hit it on the head. Now I gotta think of something I can update them with!

Funny that the woman I spoke with today said that I'd be receiving a "hold" email as well. Guess not! But thanks for the congrats - you hit it on the head. Now I gotta think of something I can update them with!

Hmmm...now I am confused because I asked again and again about the email, but she said I would not be getting one, though the hold status is correct...and I still haven't gotten an email, so I don't think it will be coming now...

Does anyone know the percentages of those interviewed that are accepted? Those invited to interview without being placed on hold?

FWIW, I was complete 2nd week of September, received only 1 complete email, and received an interview invitation by email ~1 week later. My MCAT is less impressive than 41, I am from a large state school, and my ECs fairly average. I did not realize "fit" count for so much in this process, but seems to be so at least at Chicago and Mayo....

EDIT: typo

your probably not diverse enough. Did you double major or do a lot of artsy things?

yes to the double major and i'm a ballet dancer (which involved many of my EC's)

there's no freaking reason for them not to interview me other than the adcom members are nutso.....oh well, their loss

Where does it say whether you're on hold or not?