Current outpatient clinic attire - Ophthalmology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CURRENT outpatient clinic attire - Ophthalmology

• Suit

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Dress shirt, tie, white coat

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Dress shirt, tie, no white coat

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Dress shirt, no tie, white coat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Dress shirt, no tie, no white coat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nice scrubs with white coat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nice scrubs without white coat

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

corneainterviewseason

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Self explanatory poll. What is your current attire when in your outpatient clinic?

Also, many people are forced to abide by a certain dress code. I'm going to make a separate poll for DESIRED attire if you could choose, as some are forced to abide by a dress code.

Just curious what most people are doing. I've seen several scenarios during my training: nice scrubs with white coat, suit, dress shirt/tie with white coat, and dress shirt/tie with no white coat. The nice scrubs with white coat sure was convenient and I thought better from an infection risk standpoint, as washing scrubs is easier than washing dress shirt/slacks. Most docs I know, especially residents, don't wash their dress shirts very often. And don't even get me started on ties......

AAANNNDD, for all of the women, I'm sorry I don't know the female equivalents for all of these. I could probably figure it out with google, but that would require work.

Members don't see this ad.