Current PCOM students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any current PCOM students could give me some advice. I am a 1st year DO student at UNECOM who would like to transfer to PCOM beginning of 3rd year. 1.) is this possible and 2.) what would a transfer entail?

My circumstances are not extenuating in any way. First reason is that my soon to be husband will have a great career opportunity in the Philly area that both of us would not like to pass up. Second, unfortunately I am very displeased with the current roation situation for our school, and I do not feel that it offers what I am paying 30K a year for.

If anyone has any insight/thoughts/people who I could contact that would be great!!

Members don't see this ad.

With the state of healthcare in Philadelphia, the closing of one hospital after another (Parkview, MCP, St. Agnes), PCOM keeps losing major rotation sites...

That being said, your education is what you put into it, bookwise and clinically, so if you're a good self-motivated learner and aggressively pursue the opportunity to do procedures and ask questions on rotation, you will be fine by transferring. If you need direction, the PCOM core rotation sites are a little lacking.

Do your homework and choose the best rotation spots for what you need educationally and geographically.

thank you for the advice. I called the admissions office and unfortuantely found out that PCOM has a no transfer policy.
I'm still writing a letter to the dean to see if I could be considered. I have nothing to lose except for him saying no.

Just out of curiousity, is there really a no transfer rule? Any current PCOM students know of anyone who transferred in starting 3rd year?