1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Current Rosalind Franklin students.....help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cmshopeful, May 26, 2008.

1. cmshopeful

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do all professors lecture from Power points?
    Also, I've heard about the lecture notes you can buy at the beginning of the semester. I've never even heard of such a thing. Are these simply the power points + hand outs? Would you suggest we buy these and take notes directly on them or use a tablet?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MaybeADoc

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    all lectures are available on powerpoint. some have additional pdfs that are more of just textbook-like files.

personally, i just take notes underneath the powerpoints in the comments section on my laptop during class.

you can have the media center print all the powerpoints at cost. the catch is that you need to give them what you need printed. so you download the files you want them to print, put it on a flashdrive, then they print it in the order that its on the drive.

4. cmshopeful

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Ah, thanks MaybeDoc,
    I'm just wondering if I should get a tablet or not. I don't type very fast. So, typing under the Power point would not work for me. I was going to just print out the Power points before the lecture from my home and take notes on them. But, someone mentioned that I may end up with a ton of paper at the end of the semester. So, I'm considering a tablet. Do some use tablets? It seems that the printing service will not work for me since I can do what they do at home.

5. MaybeADoc

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    well, know that if you print at home youll be printing hundreds and hundreds of pages. ink is expensive as hell. plus it takes a while to print. thats why i just work with digital copies of everything.
    i know people with tablets that like them. plus, they get amazing battery life.

6. cmshopeful

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So, MaybeADoc, what do most people do for note taking? Do they take notes on the computer power pts by typing, get the school to print out the notes and take notes on them or just on notebook and paper. I'm trying to avoid purchasing things just because I'm excited about starting med school.