Current SOPHAS processing time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaftmb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current processing time for SOPHAS right now?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this helps because I was complete and mailed out a few weeks ago, but I'm sure it's still about the same since some deadlines are yet to come. I submitted my SOPHAS application on November 9th, my last LOR was in on the 15th, it was complete and verified on the 19th, and mailed out the 23rd. Hope this helps. I'm sure you could call SOPHAS and ask them!

I'm not sure if this helps because I was complete and mailed out a few weeks ago, but I'm sure it's still about the same since some deadlines are yet to come. I submitted my SOPHAS application on November 9th, my last LOR was in on the 15th, it was complete and verified on the 19th, and mailed out the 23rd. Hope this helps. I'm sure you could call SOPHAS and ask them!

Did they email you when it was complete or verified? I submitted mine in early November, my second letter of rec. was in Nov. 27th (third was in Nov. 30th) and still no word from them. I'm starting to get worried it won't be in in time for Harvard's deadline (Dec. 15th).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they will email you when the application is verified and at that point you'll be able to go on and see your calculated GPA on the SOPHAS site. THis is what takes so long from what I understand. Mailings go out every Tuesday I believe, so whenever your application is finished and verified they will email you letting you know your application will be included in the following week's mailing. It stinks that they only mail out once each week.

I submitted mine Nov-27-2010 and it was verified today December-08-2010. Everything else in my application is complete so they will be sent out with next week's mailings.

Hope this helps!

Mine was submitted 11/10/10, my second LOR was in on 11/17/10, my application was complete (minus the 3rd LOR) on 11/23/10, verified on 11/30/10, and mailed on 12/8/10. I got an email when it was complete and one when it was verified.

do u know if the application deadline for har is for it to be e-submitted by the deadline or if the school must receive it by sophas by the deadline

do u know if the application deadline for har is for it to be e-submitted by the deadline or if the school must receive it by sophas by the deadline

SOPHAS' official position (I asked them via email) is that it is up to the schools as to whether they use the date the application was in to SOPHAS or the date it reaches the schools as the date of receipt. From reading this website, I get the impression most schools use the former.