Current students at SCO, UAB, Nova, ICO, Indiana, and SUNY

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownyeyed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those people that currently attends those schools, i have a question about my OAT score for you. I just took the oat today and....
Bio 320
GC 340
OC 380
RC 280 ??????
Phy 370
QR 380
TS 360
AA 350
my question to you all is that do you think that the 280 in RC will affect my chances in gettin in opt school (those listed above). i hear schools look at the RC score alot and i was wondering if they might frown upon that score. anyone's opinion or experience in a similar situation would help a lot.
thanks, mimi

Members don't see this ad.

For those people that currently attends those schools, i have a question about my OAT score for you. I just took the oat today and....
Bio 320
GC 340
OC 380
RC 280 ??????
Phy 370
QR 380
TS 360
AA 350
my question to you all is that do you think that the 280 in RC will affect my chances in gettin in opt school (those listed above). i hear schools look at the RC score alot and i was wondering if they might frown upon that score. anyone's opinion or experience in a similar situation would help a lot.
thanks, mimi

Hi...I didn't apply to the schools listed above but i applied to pco. Most of my scores were similar to your but i received 290 on my RC and i was accepted at PC0. They asked me about it at my interview but i didn't have to retake the test. Hope this helps & Goodluck!!

thanks for the replies guys!

was anyone told that they had to retake it with similar scores to mine?

Members don't see this ad :)
im not positive but i think SUNY might ask u to retake bc i believe they prefer 300+ scores. then again, a high gpa, excellent recommendations, or amazing extracurriculars might offset one <300 score (esp since ur other scores are so great). anyways, you should definitely contact the schools themselves and let them know and they'll tell u what u need to do. best of luck =)

The good thing is your AA and TS are high.

SCO also likes to have >300 scores in all areas, but even if you retake again, they look for the highest academic average. So, even if you get above a 300 on RC, your overall AA might decrease.

But like princess said, there's a lot more that goes into it. At SCO they weigh the interview a lot... so let your personality shine!

Hey, from what I know about UAB, they like the scores to be between 320 and 340. That is talking about the AA. So in that area you are great.. I don't know if they really concentrate on each individual subject. Reading comp is imp. tho cause that's basically all my study time consists of. Good luck and hope this helps! :)

Congrats on the great scores! I am starting ICO this year. As long as your GPA is good, you should def. get an interview at ICO.

Good Luck and don't worry.

Your scores are great, don't worry about that one.

I am assuming you are still in undergrad. You'll be fine. Best of luck!!