CURRENT UF OR UNF dpt students please !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angl88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am very interested in your feedback about the program, the overall relationships among students and most importantly how the faculty interact with students and whether they are available and open if you are struggling with some of the material...........I may be worrying for no reason but I have had different vibes from different schools and really want honest feedback . Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Interested in this as well. I went up to UF last week. I was really excited going up but left with mixed feelings.

We haven't really got s response........kingsandmen you may want to send a PM to seminolefish .He goes to UF and is really nice..........

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to hear too! I'm going to be applying next year and I'm going to their open house in February so I guess we'll see. But would still like to hear from current students

What questions do you have specifically?

I can say that the faculty is very responsive to you as a student. If you need help they are there to help almost immediately. Obviously certain professors are better than others. I really have enjoyed the program and have fallen into the ortho field. I didn't know what specialty I wanted to do initially but found myself loving ortho. The neuro curriculum is very good as well...

Btw, I'm in my 2nd year about to go on my 1st internship at Shands...

I am a first year student at UF and I love it. There are 56 students in our class and we all got to know each other very quickly. Yes, a group of that size will form smaller social groups for going out (everyone has different interests), but we all get along very well- I like seeing everyone in the morning!

Our professors are great and most of them are downright funny which helps when you're spending about 30 hours a week in class. Based on personal experience and observation, our professors are very helpful with explaining the tougher concepts when you need the extra help.

You're not worrying for no reason. Picking the right PT school for you in an important decision. It's hard to get a good feel of the program when they don't conduct interviews and your only impression is the open house. To be honest, I had mixed feelings about attending UF, but everyone in the program is great and I've had an overall good experience with Gainesville in general. Lots of mom and pop places and the people are really nice. No regrets here!