Current UOP students please help with off campus housing!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

art23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am starting Pharmacy school at UOP this fall, and I am starting to get somewhat worried about finding a place to live. I am from LA and totally unfamiliar with Stockton area. After talking to housing today at UOP, they informed me that there is well over 30 people before me on the wait list for on campus housing. They also suggested that the best way to find out more info about off-campus housing would be through current UOP students. So please help us figure out what areas are safe to live in near UOP, and if you could provide a ball park of cost advantage/disadvantage between living on campus and off. Any help and info is greatly appreciated :scared:

best regards,

-Art

Members don't see this ad.

TPHSSenior would you mind sending me a similar PM about off-campus housing? Please and thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Venetian Park and Villa de la Paix are both in the ~650-700 range for a studio / 1br. Or you get a 2br at Grouse Run for 800 bones and split it with another pharm student. How anyone pays $13k a year for an apt in Stockton is beyond me... great apts, professionally managed, are available for way less than ~1100/mo. 1100/mo is like a damn palace in Stkn. LOL

I know Venetian Park and Villa de la Paix are both in the ~650-700 range for a studio / 1br. Or you get a 2br at Grouse Run for 800 bones and split it with another pharm student. How anyone pays $13k a year for an apt in Stockton is beyond me... great apts, professionally managed, are available for way less than ~1100/mo. 1100/mo is like a damn palace in Stkn. LOL

My sentiments exactly.