Currently have MPH degree.. post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ally3116

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I've been out of school for 3 years now working in both a pharmacy and now a research lab. I have a bachelor's in Biology and a Masters in Public Health. Im taking the MCAT in the spring, UGPA: 3.1, sGPA 3.4, gradGPA: 3.3.
My question is whether my undergrad courses will still be valid (courses were taken from 2002-2005) and if a post bac program would be beneficial basically to "prove" that I can succeed in med school because it's been so long and my GPA isn't that great.
I have a significant amount of volunteer experience as well as physician shadowing experience.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools do ask that the prerequisites be completed during a certain time span. Regardless, some additional postbac coursework is a good idea to raise your GPAs, establish a steep upward science grade trend, and show some capability with upper-level Bio courses. You might look at the Postbaccalaureate Programs Forum for additional information.