Currently studying abroad, how to input this in AMCAS??? Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteHatDoc

Work hard and find joy in serving others
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for the ppl who've studied abroad. I've done a search and nothing came out. I also sent AMCAS an email about a week ago and they have yet to reply. I know there has to be premeds who studied abroad while applying to med school ;)

I've consulted the instruction manual and there's only 3 paragraphs about it which weren't as detailed as I hoped it would be. It says to list the foreign institution along with the sponsering US school but when I try to add this to my college section, there aren't two spots to list both schools. So, do I list both schools under one name like "University of California - University of Madrid" or something of that sort?

And also, do i check both boxes for "Summer school only" and "Study abroad"?

thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You add each school independently, then list the courses under the abroad institution.

TIGIBedHead said:
You add each school independently, then list the courses under the abroad institution.

yes but when i add the school, it said i also have to put the sponsering US institution. So do I put both school names (the US one and the foreign one) within the heading of school name???

Thank you for ur reply!

Add the U.S. institution first. Then when you're adding the foreign one, you can select the sponsoring U.S. institution from the drop-down menu.

TIGIBedHead said:
Add the U.S. institution first. Then when you're adding the foreign one, you can select the sponsoring U.S. institution from the drop-down menu.

Tigi, I sent you a PM!