Cursing in essays and/or work/activities descriptions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannagotoFlorida!!

Reaction score
Note: I am applying in May 2021
I think that AMCAS asks you to list the most meaningful experience under some work/activities section (not exactly sure how it works or is formatted since i havent applied) and the first thing i thought of for an activity was when a patient at hospice told me I made a "damn good steak". The situation itself was pretty funny, and so him saying that was even funnier. I wanted to include his exact words in the quote, but im not sure how cursing is looked upon by AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Note: I am applying in May 2021
I think that AMCAS asks you to list the most meaningful experience under some work/activities section (not exactly sure how it works or is formatted since i havent applied) and the first thing i thought of for an activity was when a patient at hospice told me I made a "damn good steak". The situation itself was pretty funny, and so him saying that was even funnier. I wanted to include his exact words in the quote, but im not sure how cursing is looked upon by AMCAS?
That's hardly cursing, so I'm sure it's fine, but, of course, general advice would be to keep it professional.

Reactions: 2 users