Curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I think this has been asked before, but I could not find it. Will the curve for the MCAT in April be generally better than the one in May? How does the teting dates compare? I am thinking people will be better prepared for the May or June one.. thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

It depends upon many things. Stats in the past tend to show the trend that the April MCAT scores are slightly higher than August.. However, there is no more August vs. April scores anymore. The testing population for the April exams will most likely be less than April 06, but greater than Jan. 07. The average MCAT score (despite the scores you see others obtain on SDN) is ~24-25. That is something I personally feel that will not change.

Hope this helps

It depends upon many things. Stats in the past tend to show the trend that the April MCAT scores are slightly higher than August.. However, there is no more August vs. April scores anymore. The testing population for the April exams will most likely be less than April 06, but greater than Jan. 07. The average MCAT score (despite the scores you see others obtain on SDN) is ~24-25. That is something I personally feel that will not change.

Hope this helps

The average score shouldn't ever change from 24-25 because each section is normalized to 8 as the 50th percentile. With this being said to get an 8 on different tests may mean that you have to answer more questions correctly, but that means 50% of people are getting that number or more correct as well.