CV-bullet points or sentences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent7860

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In terms of listing scholarships, professional affiliations, and descriptions of extracurrics, are bullet points okay or should I use sentences? Also, is it okay to have one short sentence about my activity or do I have to write paragraphs? And is leaving the "reason for leaving" part blank on all of them okay?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also, in terms of listing professional affiliations (ex. AMA) or scholarships, which I don't think I can write sentences about - should I separate it by commas, simply list them, or bullet point that part only?

It is allowing for bullet points to be copied into ERAS, and they appear to be intact when looking at the CV/application previews we have access to on our end. Does anyone know if this format is kept on the receiving end? It makes things so much clearer, so if they can be used I would love to keep everything formatted that way.

Reactions: 1 users
It is allowing for bullet points to be copied into ERAS, and they appear to be intact when looking at the CV/application previews we have access to on our end. Does anyone know if this format is kept on the receiving end? It makes things so much clearer, so if they can be used I would love to keep everything formatted that way.
That would be new then. I agree it would be nice if it looked good on the receiving side.

You should assume that any formatting you try to use will be scrambled. I won't know until I review an application that tries to do this... perhaps it will be yours...

Reactions: 1 user