CV For LOR Packet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillrothI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I'm just about to start asking around for LORs and had a quick question.

In the packet I will be handing out, I plan to include the following:

1) CV
2) Unofficial transcript
3) Interfolio instructions
4) LOR 'template' ("Guide for Teaching Fellows on Writing LORs")
5) Possibly a writing sample related to the professor's course (eg - a biology paper)

I do not have a personal statement yet and will not have time to create a proper draft before asking for LORs. However, most of my professors know me fairly well (small school), so I don't think this will be an issue.

My question is - how should I go about putting together a CV? Is there a template available anywhere around here to look at? I have put together resumes, but have never had to compose a CV before.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Bill R.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone sent me this link as a good reference

http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/f...guidelines.pdf

Though this is typically for academic professors/faculty, I modified it to apply to my volunteer and work experience, and anything else I want the referee to know about me. I also made 3-4 bullet notes below each experience about my specific roles/responsibilities kind of like in resumes. Most professors should be accustomed to read this type of CV and its in a timeline manner.

Hope this helps.

Someone sent me this link as a good reference

http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/f...guidelines.pdf

Though this is typically for academic professors/faculty, I modified it to apply to my volunteer and work experience, and anything else I want the referee to know about me. I also made 3-4 bullet notes below each experience about my specific roles/responsibilities kind of like in resumes. Most professors should be accustomed to read this type of CV and its in a timeline manner.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much! That's perfect! Appreciate it.

FYI - the link you posted was broken. If anyone else needs it, just go to the University of Michigan Medical School website and search "Curriculum Vitae."

-Bill R.