cv format and what to include

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmart

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I meeting with a doctor who's on the admissions board nad he asked me to bring in my cv. I haven't made one and I'm not exactly sure what to put on it. Can someone help me out?

Members don't see this ad.

I meeting with a doctor who's on the admissions board nad he asked me to bring in my cv. I haven't made one and I'm not exactly sure what to put on it. Can someone help me out?

For now, if you are still pre-med a resume will probably suffice.
You cv will most likely still be blank unless you somehow have achieved numerous degress, distinctions, and you are currently a member of a elite organization. Here is a link on cv writing and a sample. A google search will turn up more.

a CV is basically a detailed resume. You typically include in it education; clinical training (ie: residency); licensure and certification; employement: clinical experience, research experience, other work experience; publications; presentations given (specify both oral and poster); honors, awards and disticntions; memberships in professional societies and positions held; public and community service; and personal interest (ie: hobbies). This is not set in stone and should be tailered to emphisize the inforation that would be relevent to the position you are trying to get. i hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I've attend mutliple journal clubs with the ED, should I list that or no?

A CV is like a resume, only different (whatever that means). It focuses on the academics, research, and publications moreso than a resume does. Try doing a google search for examples/guides. You'll probably get better info there.