Other CV/Resume preparation as a medical graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoeC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone is doing well

I am always working to improve my CV/resume and I always wondered if maybe some things aren't very professional or relevant to have on when applying to a Senior House Officer job at a hospital, as a physician assistant at a family clinic, or even later when I apply for residency. I asked some friends and said it was fine but just thought to ask and have more opinions because I feel it may be kind of silly now to have.

Starting from the top they are pretty much sorted like this:

1) Full name, DOB, POB, nationality and contact information
2)Education: University and degree
3) Qualifications: basically everything medically relevant: Internships, physician assistant jobs, ACLS-BLS-First Aid certifications, Registration in the medical council
I also thought to add the title of my Master thesis and the URL to view here too but I am not sure (what do you guys think?)
4) Spoken Languages
5) Volunteer and Leadership experience
6) I add "other work experience" for non-medical jobs I had throughout high school and university and training relevant to those jobs.
For example, I worked in hospital security and we had to go through training to deal with mental health patients
7) I also add briefly "hobbies and interests" towards the end
8) reference and details upon request

I am mainly just skeptical about 6 and 7 being on my CV/Resume

I appreciate your thoughts about this

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: