CVS no longer covered under my health plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MackandBlues

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So its that time again to renew or change your health benefits and the company I work for is will be excluding all CVS pharmacies as of March 2014. Kinda interesting...

Members don't see this ad.

my insurance policy excludes all pharmacies which are not named Walgreens or Duane Reade :)

I didn't realize they were doing that, I've been out of retail for so long

Members don't see this ad :)
We have CVS/Caremark and can use it anywhere but Walgreens for acute meds. But for maintenance meds, we only get a few retail fills, and then have to go to CVS for 90 day supply or use mail order.

The "no Walgreens" thing is new as of 1/1/14.

didn't they do a "no walgreens" thing last year that was overturned?

You should write them letter thanking them. Someone realized their service is crap despite all their pointless metrics. Moving pharmacists around constantly does nothing to improve service. It only buys the DM more time before being fired.

I'm starting to see this occasionally with the new year. It does not apply universally to an entire PBM or chain. I believe it is only when the plan sponsor (employer) or the individual (for Medicare Part D or Obamacare) chooses a less expensive insurance plan that gives a discount in exchange for only having a restricted or preferred pharmacy network.