CVS (PA) pays $50.50/hr for Covid vaccine support Rph vs. $56 from staffing agencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makeawish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting 5 to 10 emails from agents regarding the Covid vaccine supporting rph position as a contract. Their pay rate is $55 to $57 per hours depending on the locations.
I got a phone call directly from CVS regarding the staff pharmacist position applied, and the district leader offered me the Covid vaccine support position with lower pay rate, $50.50 per hour. it’s not a permanent position nor getting benefits, which is no different than the staffing agencies are offering.

Does CVS district leaders have their own metrics to reach for the # Covid vaccine supporter pharmacists?

Members don't see this ad.

I am getting 5 to 10 emails from agents regarding the Covid vaccine supporting rph position as a contract. Their pay rate is $55 to $57 per hours depending on the locations.
I got a phone call directly from CVS regarding the staff pharmacist position applied, and the district leader offered me the Covid vaccine support position with lower pay rate, $50.50 per hour. it’s not a permanent position nor getting benefits, which is no different than the staffing agencies are offering.

Does CVS district leaders have their own metrics to reach for the # Covid vaccine supporter pharmacists?
Lol what a joke

Ask them.to match the contract rate. They are asking for.volunteers which tells me they don't have enough people to do the work.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm up to 40 emails from staffing agencies asking me to apply so I'm assuming they're having trouble finding applicants. You would think CVS would offer a more competitive salary if that's the case though.

Sounds like staffing agencies are offering you same rate as CVS if you actually did a clinic. You get paid base rate plus $4 (hazard bonus) for the hours in the clinic. So you would be getting $55 anyway

If you sign up with agency, do they pay mileage etc?

It depends what you want out of this job. Right now it feels like there are not that many budget concerns. It can change any day. It is also possible once they have enough people, they will utilize them based on criteria of their choosing.

I am just saying that if they will only schedule you for 2 shifts and you wanted 4, does it matter if you make x or y? Also, they can always force their staff pharmacist or managers to work more.

I get 10+ emails a day from various staffing agencies and I am not even immunization certified - haha Although if they were truly desperate they would be offering the salaries the staffing agencies offered in the late 2000's (my best ever was a $200 an hour shift on Christmas eve)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure about desperation anymore. The rate wasn't very negotiable from the start. I have seen enough newly hired very eager folks to tell you that all it takes is 1-2 in your group to kill any leverage. I haven't talked much to contracted people yet though.

The job postings from agencies are numerous but they work on commission. It is junk mail. Also, Walgreens has like 10+ postings in my area too but we all know that you have to be willing to work for what they are offering... very low rate.

What could happen, for a very short period of time, is competition between chains in places where there is more than just CVS/Walgreens once enough vaccines have been shipped out. I can see pharmacies trying to move away from scheduling appointments and doing what CVS did with extra pharmacist for flu shots, especially if there is incentive from Biden stimulus package.

Didn't someone say they were paying $180/hr here? Sounds too good to be true.

Imagine having a COVID vaccine appointment-free cluster ****.

In that case I will be doing only subunit vaccines (where are you going to have patients wait 15 minutes at a CVS or Walgreens or Walmart with no chairs?)