CWRU INTERVIEW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UofM01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well...Im back from my interview. Let me break it down for you really simple....

Awesome clinical school>>>Students get to work on actual human patients their first year first semestar. CWRU has a outreach program that goes out to the surrounding elementary schools and applys sealents on young children. The first year students are the ones who do the work. That is a really nice charateristic of the school in my opinion.

CWRU also has a brand new simlab that will be opening up late October.
The only thing that I did not like about CWRU and IM sure many people will agree with me on this, is the surrounding area that its in. It is surrounded by a bunch of empty buildings and it is really creepy at night. I guess if you stay right on the campus you have nothing to worry about. I got lost driving around and it is not the safest place to be in even the hotel people told me to stay near the school or in the hotel at night.

My interviews went really positive. I interviewd with 2 members of the admissions committee one at a time. Mr. Dalsky is a awesome man and deserves the position he has as director of admissions. He emphasizes that he is first a guidance counselor 2nd a Director...I really liked that idea.

IM glad I went to CWRU for my interview it was a very nice expeierence. I think for those that plan on attending you will be very skilled as a Dentist by the time you graduate.

PS> I stayed at the Wyndham hotel which is on the same street as the campus. It was a 7 minute drive to the dental school and only 50 bucks for a 3 star hotel what a deal! :)

Members don't see this ad.

U of M,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I stayed at the Baricelli Inn when I interviewed there and I was the only guest there that night. I swear it was haunted! Their breakfast was so good though. I agree about Mr. Dalsky, he is a really nice guy. He also interviewed me. That's the first bad thing I've heard about Case so far on this forum ( the surrounding area). Man, I took the transit in from the airport, that was an unforgettable experience, atleast you had a car to protect you from the bullets! If you get in and decide to go there we'll be classmates.

Daryl