CWRU Post-Interview Hold Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanIBeMe??

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start our own little support group until I (and the rest of us) can put my (and our) name on the "Official CWRU" thread.....looking with envy!!!

Has anyone heard anything from Case recently?

Also....I am getting conflicting information concerning us.....

In March they (AdCom) are reviewing our files and in April we are suppose to hear something.....right??

Now I heard that in April we hear accept, waitlist, or reject....

but I also heard that in April we hear wailtlist or reject.....

Does anyone know the truth....it would definitely make waiting for April much easier.....

Thanks!!!

CanIBeMe??

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't know what the hold list procedure will be, but I thought I'd bump this thread up before it fell too far back. Plus, it sucks having no responses to your thread ;) I've said it before, but I want to wish all you hold-list folks luck! hope to see you next year

Hey guys--
I've been post-interview hold at Case since November, and haven't heard a thing. Hopefully we will hear early in April...and if I get waitlisted, I'll be even more upset (no more waiting!) At this point, accept or reject would be preferred. Does anyone know what % of the recent classes have come in off of the waitlist (or hold category) at Case?

Members don't see this ad :)
if you do a search at SDN. Some MSI said no one came off the WL last year, but 20 came off the year before. ???

I was told by the admissions staff that it was pretty much going to be waitlist or reject come April. An acceptance at that time is not impossible, but quite unlikely.

add yours truly to this prestigious club, I've also been on post-hold since november with no word. no idea what the process is going to be like, I was quoted April 1st by someone in the admissions office as the date we are supposed to be revied by, what outcome that review is for i am not sure. I posted in the much more appealing Case Acceptance thread concerning financial aid for us hold people, and was very helpfully informed april 15th is the due date to have financial aid info in for the acceptees. good luck to my club co-members, keep posting whatever info you may receive. cheers.

been on post-interview hold since january.

Add me to the club. Post-interview hold since February. I love their letter...essentially saying don't call, don't write, we don't know and they were so nice at the interview too... What's the deal?

On hold since early Feb. And I liked the school so much too.

Ok.....I know there are more of us out there.....where are you hiding????

So....do we bug Ms. Rosenblum in 8 more days on Arpil 1 or should we cut her some slack....increase our potential for a heart attack or stroke and wait until April 15?????

Uggg....thesis due April 29th----seems so close..... :scared:

CWRU letter due April 15th.....seems so far away??????? :wow:

In addition...crazy logic...or random dreams....but I think we are waiting for accept/reject/waitlist....for 2 reasons
1) I think/hope that their class is not filled---I think they went with the side of caution this year and accepted few and put many on post-interview hold list....so I am hoping those who do have that acceptance will realize what a crappy school it is and turn it down!! Not to mention it is so expensive...unlike other med schools!

2) Why not start a wait-list from the begining??

Ok....think I made my desire quite clear here....just accept me so I can plan the move already!!....and please....please....please.....no waitlist......please!!!!

Thanks...just needed to vent.....anxiety is building....

CanIBeMe??
:scared:

SoulRFlare ---- Thanks!!

Turk and Beast----I don't know how you did it but I admire you!!

Leavesam, Zahri, Wire---I'm like you...been here since Jan.

Turk....I agree with you---even though it is my top choice school...sent in LOI already.....I feel the same way---accept or reject---I am tired of waiting and do not want to wait any more!!!

Last year...no waitlist movement b/c some 1st years did not pass so that ended up decreasing class size and also too many people accepted.

Prior year....normal....waitlist movement....but I do not now how much that was.....

Zahri----I re-read that letter at least every week like I am going to find a loop-hole or something in it....I get concerned b/c it says acceptances are given out October through March and final committee decisions on April 15?? Now if they could tell us before AdCom decisions over the phone....why not now??

Leaving for #2 distraction from all this mess.....WORK!!!

CanIBeMe??

Hi I'm joining the club too. I had an interview in October that went really well I thought . . so I was surprised to get the hold. I was thinking about sending a letter or something, but I am getting down with all of this talk that they will never even touch the hold list.

Sean

Add me to the CWRU post interview hold club. Waiting for the letter, but I'm not holding my breath. Good luck to all.

Cheers!
rmp

Members don't see this ad :)
canibeme are you a girl?

If so you're probably in luck. From the looks of the official cwru thread, there are about 12 guys going to case and 1 girl. They're going to need to balance out the genders eventually!

anyways, good luck, you know i'm rooting for you!

12:1 ratio might be due to a misrepresentation on SDN (more guys than girls posting).

Nonetheless, good luck canibeme, hopefully we will all get in.
:)

Hmmm so are we supposed to hear by April 1st or 15th? The letter says the 15th but some of you guys seem to be saying the 1st. Any clue how many people they put on hold post-interview? It seems like a lot of people! I wonder how many people they rejected post-interview...have you heard of any?

Good luck all;)

Originally posted by Zahri
Hmmm so are we supposed to hear by April 1st or 15th? The letter says the 15th but some of you guys seem to be saying the 1st. Any clue how many people they put on hold post-interview? It seems like a lot of people! I wonder how many people they rejected post-interview...have you heard of any?

Good luck all;)

Everyone who was not admitted after their interview was put on hold--no rejections.

Originally posted by Trekkie963
Everyone who was not admitted after their interview was put on hold--no rejections.

Wow if that is really true that's pretty annoying! I was under the impression that you either were accepted, placed on hold or rejected post-interview. Can anyone else confirm this?

On the orange sheet they gave us at the interview, it says one of three actions will be taken post-interview: accept, hold, or reject. So I would assume there were rejections, but can anyone confirm this?

There were no rejections sent out after interview. If you interviewed and were not offered an acceptance then you were put on hold. Things are being run differently this year from what I understand. The committee will meet again very soon and look over all hold files and then decide wait list or reject, it looks like no offers will be made from the hold list. The wait list will start around June and depending on how things go, they may take people and they may not. They currently have no clue what will happen. It depends on many factors, like how many repeaters there will be and how many people reject their spots. I personally am not holding my breath and I was told if I get in somewhere else then go, things have really changed compared to other years. All of this info comes first-hand.

Hey w222 how do get all this info first hand? You must really have some connections

Originally posted by W222
There were no rejections sent out after interview. If you interviewed and were not offered an acceptance then you were put on hold. Things are being run differently this year from what I understand. The committee will meet again very soon and look over all hold files and then decide wait list or reject, it looks like no offers will be made from the hold list. The wait list will start around June and depending on how things go, they may take people and they may not. They currently have no clue what will happen. It depends on many factors, like how many repeaters there will be and how many people reject their spots. I personally am not holding my breath and I was told if I get in somewhere else then go, things have really changed compared to other years. All of this info comes first-hand.

what exactly has changed about Case's admissions process recently? My friend there said they were going to be more selective or something?

Ok....well we only have a few more days till the truth breaks out. I am so upset now, finding out that noone was rejected earlier, April 15 is going to be a very depressing day for many.

W222 - If you don't mind me asking how did you find out this information first hand?? Is it a credible soucre?? Just curious... you know when people have bad news you want to analyze it to death....

ExMike - No....I am not a girl, at this point in my life I am a full grown woman....but hopefully this overly male ratio in the Acceptance pile will mean not enough women there and to balance it out they will select me and Zahri :clap: :clap:

Does anyone have any idea how Case's admission process has changed this year? Is it more selective??

Ok....gotta go.....

CanIBeMe??

Originally posted by CanIBeMe??
Ok....well we only have a few more days till the truth breaks out.

Sorry, but this really is the truth. I know you didn't ask me how I know this, but I will tell you anyways...when I got put on hold, I got curious what exactly it meant, so I called and asked.

I just talked to some people in admissions and they gave me the scenario breakdown. I was very upset with the news they had to tell. I spoke to three different people on three different occasions and they all said the same thing, basically the hold category was the wait list and the wait list may not move. They really arent sure what will happen because of a bunch of factors.

EXMIKE -- Yes, Case is going to be very selective from now on. They dropped the Ohio resident preference, are strictly a private school, and are trying to raise the MCATs into the top five med school range. I heard around a 34 will be their average in a few years, I personally think that is a pipe dream but ohh well.

OHH DANIELLE MY PLANTS AND CATS BETTER STILL BE ALIVE. I WILL KILL YOU IF THEY ARE NOT.

W222 Don't worry MAC ate all your plants and is living with me.

Have you been checking my mail? Did I get anything good from any schools?

One thing came from Bostom University in a thin envelope but nothing else

Thats too bad. I imagine that is a letter saying that I never filled out my application. Ohh well.

A certain someone says hello. Wants to know if you want to come and visit on sunday? Anything new in your life? This place is great let me tell you.

When are you guys coming home? I don't plan on going anywhere this weekend. Tell her to call me tonight.

Hey Danielle! We'll try to call tonight, but remember we're in the middle of no where and my cell doesn't work, so I'll try to borrow Dad's:) Not sure what time we'll be back, sometime in the afternoon Sunday, then I have rehearsal, but I'll be home by 8:00.Hope you're having a good week and thanks for taking care of the babies! Send me your address, please!

There is a reason why PM was invented. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by oldtimer
There is a reason why PM was invented. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that had to be one of the most annoying thread hijackings I have ever witnessed.

Ok....third page was just too much for me to handle.....

by the way.....can we please try and keep all convos not related to the subject of the thread out of the thread......please e-mail, call, write a letter, PM or find some sort of alternative way to communicate with each other......

Zahri...why the mention of the 1st?? It seems as if all decisions are made by the first and everone hears (I assume via snail mail) by the 15th.

But Case's admissions office gave status information over the phone so perhaps by April 1st they will continue to do so.

?????:confused: :confused: WHO KNOWS:confused: :confused: ?????

...that's what's makes this process so dang on horrible....

CanIBeMe??

Originally posted by Beast
add yours truly to this prestigious club, I've also been on post-hold since november with no word. no idea what the process is going to be like, I was quoted April 1st by someone in the admissions office as the date we are supposed to be revied by, what outcome that review is for i am not sure. I posted in the much more appealing Case Acceptance thread concerning financial aid for us hold people, and was very helpfully informed april 15th is the due date to have financial aid info in for the acceptees. good luck to my club co-members, keep posting whatever info you may receive. cheers.

Hey CanIBeMe,
My mention of April 1st was only because I was confused in the post (see above by Beast) because he/she said that the admissions office would let us know by April 1st.

...just a little bump cause I hate scrolling to find this thread.... :D

...by the way, I noticed no one (including myself) volunteered to call Case to get an updated resolution on this......:rolleyes:

....hmmm....

CanIBeMe??

Originally posted by exmike
My friend there said they were going to be more selective or something?
That must not have happened yet... they took me after all. :eek:

For those waiting, my decision is based on wl mvt at 2 schools that probably won't even start moving till June. :(

bumping. any news from anyone???

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
That must not have happened yet... they took me after all. :eek:

:laugh: naw man, you got other "qualities"

No news here. I supspect maybe we'll hear this week.If they notify us via snail mail they probably have to send out the decisions kind of early to make sure they get the letter to everyone by the 15th. What do you think? Good luck all...

Ok.....just called Ms. Rosenblum..... :(

Notices should be going out soon, I think she said endo f this week or next, with one of two options:

1. Alternate....which I am assuming is a waitlist position

2. Class Full....aka....you file will no longer be considered....which I am assuming would be a rejection???

Not the news I wanted but it could have been worse. If someone else wants to bug her about the alternate list and find out if it is ranked or how much they predict they will be going into it be my guest.....please.....please.....

Going to drown my sorrows in work......

:( :mad: :confused: :wow: :scared:

CanIBeMe??

Originally posted by CanIBeMe??
Ok.....just called Ms. Rosenblum..... :(

Notices should be going out soon, I think she said endo f this week or next, with one of two options:

1. Alternate....which I am assuming is a waitlist position

2. Class Full....aka....you file will no longer be considered....which I am assuming would be a rejection???

Not the news I wanted but it could have been worse. If someone else wants to bug her about the alternate list and find out if it is ranked or how much they predict they will be going into it be my guest.....please.....please.....

Going to drown my sorrows in work......

:( :mad: :confused: :wow: :scared:

CanIBeMe??

Hey CanIBeMe!

Don't despair! You will be fine! You will get on the alternate list then will be taken off of it before you know it. My prayers are with you! The best of luck with everything. If you want to talk, please feel free to PM me! :)

CanIBeMe,

This may be a little premature, but what school do you plan to go to if you don't get into Case?

rmp checking in, received an alternate list letter over the weekend what about everyone else? Zahri, CanIBeMe???

rmp

so are they sending out alternate letters first, then rejected letters...because i still havne't received anything :(

rmp said:
rmp checking in, received an alternate list letter over the weekend what about everyone else? Zahri, CanIBeMe???

rmp

I got my alternate list letter last week. Don't think I'll take the spot.

Yeah, I got on the alternate list as well. Does Case mail you fin. aid info after you are accepted? I can't find their form online, and they say the deadline is April 15th, except for late acceptances. I am assuming they have some grant or scholarship money left over for those who get accepted off of the waitlist.