CWRU, Tufts, BU, and NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ejay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, there!

I have several intervews soon.

I would very appreciat it, if anyone could share any tips about the interview at those schools.
Could you recommend good/cheap hotels or inns near the campus?
Is 'March' too late to get a seat? I'm worring not so many seats left.
Looking forward to your answers...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey...I got interviewed at BU and Tufts as well and I had a great time. Don't worry too much about the interview, just relax, be yourself and be honest. They mainly want to know more about you, see if you can handle yourself in an interview situation and check that your answers are the same or similar to what you put on your paper application (to make sure that YOU wrote the essay). They are both very conversational, are one-on-one with a faculty member and the interviewers are so friendly. Good luck! I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit...Boston is a great city!

When I went to Boston last year, i stayed at the Chandler inn for $76/nite without taxes. It's about a 5-10 minute cab ride to BU and it's pretty close to the Tufts area (chinatown), but I'm not sure how far it is since I stayed at a friends place during my tufts interview. When making reservations, mention about Dental interviews and you should get the rate i listed above. here's a link to a toll free # so you can ask for directions and stuff for yourself. http://www.chandlerinn.com/

good luck!

[This message has been edited by dds2b (edited 02-15-2001).]

Members don't see this ad :)
When you're in cleveland, I'd recommend the Alcazar Hotel. It's right on the outskirts of CWRU campus and is about a 10-15 minute walk to the dental building. You can take the RTA straight from the airport and take a 2 minute shuttle-bus to the hotel. I don't have their phone # right now, but I think they give you a listing of a few hotels to stay at with your interview letter, so take a look or do a search. It was about $80/day.

You're gonna have to give us a lil more info like your gpa, DAT scores, research exp., and volunteer work to let us know where you stand. I'm assuming you applied pretty late considering you're getting a bulk of interviews in such a short time.

I met a girl who interviewed at NYU in late March last year and she was accepted there, but most of the other schools will be nearly filled by mid or late March. The best thing to do now is to try calling the schools up and see if there are any earlier dates you can reschedule your interviews for.

Best of luck!

Thanks for all of your advices.
It would be very helpful to my trip and interview.

[This message has been edited by ejay (edited 02-15-2001).]