Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Has anyone seen any change take place on their status page? They are showing that none of my letters have been recieved, or my payment. Some of them were sent weeks ago. I'm just wondering how frequently they are updating.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
call em up tomorrow! They have a wonderful secretary who helped me out a lot.

Tell her Tweetie sent ya! :laugh:

About the Ads
OP
Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bump...anybody check their status page? Still no change in mine. She said to wait a week and see if it's in then, but some of this stuff was mailed weeks ago.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
"ahhem...uhh, Hi...uh, this is Dr. Octopus....I was referred to you by Tweetie_bird for ummmm checking my status page...."

...."no..really!"

:laugh:

Didya call the secretary like i told ya?

OP
Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I called, but got voicemail. I hate leaving voicemail, so I emailed her instead, and she replied to check again in a week...

what did she tell you?

OP
Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anybody notice any changes on their status page? Mine still says they have received none of my letters, nor my payment. All of these things were sent in weeks ago.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
Visit site
Status
how'd u guys write ur case western essays? i'm a bit unsure how to approach it. i.e. do u include any ties to your extracurricular activities, hospital volunteers, etc? i.e. " i like football. I was qb of my hs team. it taught me leadership skills that i found very useful while volunteering at Hospital X. I could deal w/ patients better by these skills. Fb will also give me perseverance for research at X university. although i couldn't play fb in college, i think my leardship skills will be useful in med school'. or, is it like: " i like football. I was qb of my hs team. it taught me leadership skills. although i couldn't play fb in college, i think my leardship skills will be useful in med school'.

OP
Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Yogi Bear
how'd u guys write ur case western essays? i'm a bit unsure how to approach it. i.e. do u include any ties to your extracurricular activities, hospital volunteers, etc? i.e. " i like football. I was qb of my hs team. it taught me leadership skills that i found very useful while volunteering at Hospital X. I could deal w/ patients better by these skills. Fb will also give me perseverance for research at X university. although i couldn't play fb in college, i think my leardship skills will be useful in med school'. or, is it like: " i like football. I was qb of my hs team. it taught me leadership skills. although i couldn't play fb in college, i think my leardship skills will be useful in med school'.
I wrote about something that had nothing to do with medicine, medschool, or college. It was a club I belong to/founded. Two friends of mine wrote about kricket/classical music respectively. They were both accepted. Another guy I know wrote about his motorcycle this year. I think that they want to see some interests outside of medicine. I don't think you need to tie it to medicine.

gold&black2005

15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Doc Octopus,

you're gonna be fine :clap: CWRU will soon see the light, as has Pitt. It's just a matter of time...CWRU, if I remember, is pretty bad about timing of sending out non-ED updates -- they like to get those outta the way first (I think).

TroutBum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
Status
Yogi-I wrote about my favorite hobby-no mention at all about school or medicine.

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
BFE
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
Has anyone seen any change take place on their status page? They are showing that none of my letters have been recieved, or my payment. Some of them were sent weeks ago. I'm just wondering how frequently they are updating.
Hey Octo - Same here.

I even called about one of my LOR's, and they were like "Yeah, it's here." Who knows.

OP
Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Okay, so our stuff is probably in-- just has not been entered into the computer yet. That is what I have been thinking, but I just wanted to hear someone else say it too.

About the Ads