Cwrusom

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doctor Octopus, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist

Resident [Any Field]
    Okay people who have submitted their CWRU secondaries...

Has anyone noticed any change on the status page of their online secodary? It's been a long time since I sent in my check and LORs, yet my status page still shows that they haven't received anything. My check has not cleared, either. Does anyone's secondary show any of your materials as having been received?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I am having the same experience with Case Western. I sent my fee in on 8/9 but it still doesn't show up as processed yet! They say allow a few days for processing, but it's getting ridiculous. I called them on Monday to check what's up, and the lady said they were updating the system and it should be up that evening. But, still nothing. Surprise surprise.

By the way, did you ever get that postcard reply?

4. jot

jot

i've got the same - submitted amcas and online seconadry but not recieved for lor's and fee, which i sent a while ago. dunno.

5. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    At least I'm not the only one...

6. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member

I haven't even bothered to check my stats. Just wanted to let you guys know that we shouldn't receive the paper secondary (which we are required to send in also) for another few weeks. Joy.:rolleyes:

7. shreebee

shreebee Senior Member

I received the paper secondary and turned in my check and the online secondary on July 29, but my status hasn't changed on the website either. I did get that postcard back saying that my application was complete and would be reviewed in the next 4 weeks.

8. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    I got the paper app a few days after the email. I submitted it sometime in July. I never did get a post card though. Did it say anything else on it?

9. jot

jot

i never got a paper app:confused: ah well whatever

10. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    okay, I got the post card. I guess they're just slow.

11. Do you get the postcard after your entire application is COMPLETE or after they have recieved your paper app + fee (ie LORs are still missing)?

12. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    My guess is that it's app and fee, since it's the postcard that I addressed to myself when I sent it in. I'm assuming/hoping they have our letters, but just haven't updated them to our status pages yet.

13. Oallostavros

Oallostavros Member

Octopus,

I noticed you turned in your CWRU application in August, and got the post card back too. Just wonderin if you got an interview yet so I can guess at their turn around time.

I just got the card back a few days ago, but I'm already craving an interview date, lol.

14. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    I interviewed there on August 26. Oh wait, that was the Case dental school ;) . Seriously, I'm glad to hear that so many are excited to interview at Case. I had a great time while I was out there. The med. school was part of my tour, so I had a chance to check it out. Looks good!

15. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]

Sadly, I have not received an invite yet. :(
    A couple SDNers have, though. Try asking Xaelia, or look on the official schools requesting interviews thread to see who else has or had one. I am also craving the Case invite very badly.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. WISC-ite

WISC-ite Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My problem is about the same. I submitted my online application, sent LOR, mailed my check and pictures a long time ago. I called them about two weeks ago and was told that I needed to submit my paper application. Problem is: I NEVER GOT ONE.

After some waiting, we figured out it was because AMCAS hadn't yet sent a paper copy of my primary to them. They send their paper application out once they get your AMCAS.

Other than that, i don't know. I did send in my paper application last week and have yet seen any update. I hope this doesn't screw things up as I would love to go to CWRU SOM. Oh well, like everthing else in this process.......deep breaths, followed by deep prayers.

Good luck
    WISC-ite

GO BADGERS

18. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1

Hey Everyone....I'm new to SDN....
    I'ts great to see most everyone else out there is just as anxious as I am!

As far as the CWRU secondary....I actually had no problem with being updated on the website. My status was reflected as being complete in the beginning of September. All of the problems that people are experiencing are probably AMCAS primary updates.

Good Luck to everyone

19. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    Just to clarify things, this is an old thread that someone revived. I've since been notified that my app is complete. Still waiting on the interview though.

20. Oallostavros

Oallostavros Member

I'm looking at the online status page for CWRU, and the last field about "Application review" or something of that nature still shows in red print "the admissions committee will not review your application until all materials are submitted", but when I called, they said it was complete. For my application to be complete, do those letters have to change to green and say something else?

21. Oallostavros,

I am experiencing the same thing. Online status is in RED PRINT, but when I called they said it was COMPLETE. Either they are really slow in updating the online status page or they are telling me different things.