Cyclic Ring reactions on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesdeluxe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the DAT have those reactions where you have two cyclic structures and they combine to form an exo/internal 3 ring system? I hate not remembering the name of this type of reaction but I don't recall it in the Kaplan book but I remember doing a lot of them in organic chem. Anyone know the name and if I should remember them?

Members don't see this ad.

bluesdeluxe said:
Does the DAT have those reactions where you have two cyclic structures and they combine to form an exo/internal 3 ring system? I hate not remembering the name of this type of reaction but I don't recall it in the Kaplan book but I remember doing a lot of them in organic chem. Anyone know the name and if I should remember them?

You mean a Diels-Alder reaction? I've seen a couple of them on practice tests...Don't know about the real thing though....

DMD to Be said:
You mean a Diels-Alder reaction? I've seen a couple of them on practice tests...Don't know about the real thing though....

You should know the Diels-Alder reactions for the real test.