D in Orgo II, F in Calc II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NormanBoreman

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, I find myself in a terrible situation. Last year I took orgo II and got a D in it and this semester I took Calc II and failed the course. I have already received my degree and am looking to apply to dental school THIS cycle. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? Do I have any chances of interviews? My GPA with these two courses is a 3.70 (ADEA adjusted), I am a Canadian applicant and my Canadian DAT scores are:

RC - 21
Bio - 22
Chex - 25
Science - 23
AA -23
PAT - 21
MDT - 24

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any schools that dont require orgo 2 and are canadian friendly? Regardless you should really be looking at retaking at least orgo but probably calc ii as well.. Your scores are good but you really are shooting yourself in the foot at this point by applying with those grades

Sent from my LG-D801 using SDN mobile

You need to retake them both and get a C or better. It's a requirement at most (if not all schools) that pre reqs have a C or higher. Calc II isn't a pre req at most but orgo obviously is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worth applying and having orgo II and calc as planned courses?