D.O. fellowship.inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruhland1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I want to know what percent of
D.o.s that go through residencies actually end up in fellowships

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure why this is relevant?

If you look at the AOA website and figure out which DO's are in professions like:

Cardiology, Ortho Spine, Rheumatology, GI, Nephrology, Oncology- anything that requires a fellowship to complete the training.

Members don't see this ad :)
No he said for DO's, not MD's

For DO's it's 3.1123%

Source: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13116249#post13116249

I was citing the statistic for DOs west of the Mississippi who were ending residency during a non-leap year.

3.1123% was the number for DOs that are from New England who chose to do a Cardiology fellowship after switching from FM to IM...during a leap year.

OP...your question is silly and hence the silly responses. What you are really asking is if being a DO will impair your chances of getting a fellowship.

Answer, for too complex, but evidence would lead to a 50% No.

Cool brother thanks.for.the stat. However you are incorrect. It is.4.32678.percent. and I am curious because my evil twin got into d.o. school and is french. So there! Go bobcats!

60% of them go into fellowships 100% of the time.

For real though, a lot of DO's do fellowships. The future of this is foggy for now but you can certainly do a fellowship as a DO in most fields as things stand right now.