D.O. matching in Allo ENT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtre506

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am hoping i can rely on the great folks at SDN to give me a little guidance.
I am an osteopathic student, my step 1 is 246/99 I have 9 publications including abstracts and have done 2 years of research (All in diabetes) I am just starting my third year
I am in the top 10% of my class. Any ideas on my chances for the ENT?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same board score and much less research. So follow my progress as I apply this year, and you'll have a more meaningful answer than the posts that follow.

Hello everyone,
I am an osteopathic student, my step 1 is 246/99 I have 9 publications including abstracts and have done 2 years of research (All in diabetes) I am just starting my third year
Thanks

I don't know much about the ENT world, but I would have to guess that you have about as good of a shot as anyone. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same board score and much less research. So follow my progress as I apply this year, and you'll have a more meaningful answer than the posts that follow.

Thanks I appreciate your reply, I will definalty follow your progress.
I hope you have get in!

Why are you applying to allopathic residencies?

Hello everyone,
Thanks

I dont think any DO's matched last year to allopathic ENT programs, but usually there are a couple per year.

Hello everyone,
Thanks

Make sure you do an away rotation at an allopathic ENT program and develop good relationship with the chair or PD. Letters from academic ENTs are huge (almost as important as strong board scores and grades IMO). Good luck.