D.O. rotation sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryanpj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to recieve any comments or advice on the following hospitals:
Bay medical Center: Bay City, MI
Bi-County Community Hosp.: Warren, MI
Detroit Riverview Hosp: Detroit, MI
Mount Clemens Gen. Hosp: Mount Clemens, MI
Cuyahoga Fall Gen. Hosp: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Doctors Hosp: Columbus, OH
Grandview Hosp & Med. Center: Dayton, OH
St. Vincent Mercy Med Center: Toledo, OH
Sun Coast Hosp: Largo, FL
St. Johns Regional Hosp: Joplin, MO

Members don't see this ad.

Well being from Michigan, I know that the Mount Pleast Hospital is well respected, and it is in small community with larger cities closer by. Try checking to see if they have a website.

I'm living in Dayton, OH right now, and Grandview seems to have a good rep... the city is pretty boring (I'm prejudiced against Ohio though) but the hospital is downtown (I'm pretty sure). They have a website - www.gvh-svh.org (I think that's it). :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Cuyahoga Fall Gen. Hosp: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Doctors Hosp: Columbus, OH
Grandview Hosp & Med. Center: Dayton, OH
St. Vincent Mercy Med Center: Toledo, OH
These are with the CORE OU-COM sites and are good hospitals

Sun Coast Hosp: Largo, FL we have several UHS-COM students here and they like it, with a good return rate each year

St. Johns Regional Hosp: Joplin, MO you'll get a lot of hands-on from what I hear from the MS4's at UHS

I'm at Gulf Coast Hospital in Ft. Myers FL
although it is relatively new site the director works with you to get you the rotations you want. For example I wanted more radiology experience and get to sit in and watch the radiologist read (they pimp as well) and perform angiography etc.(coolest procedure was watching a pulmonary andiography to r/o a PE, doc went through femoral to IVC through the heart to get to Pulm aa and vv..watching they catheter bump into each chamber and effect the EKG was amazing)

Let me know if you want more info on this site or the SunCoast site.

I visited Cuyahoga Fall Gen. Hosp: Cuyahoga Falls, OH an met Dr. George (director)I have several doc's my Family Prac. (FP) mentor now and another FP in MO tell me they loved their residencies here. Unforunately I missed out on get this as my CORE site but I love it at Gulf Coast.

Hope this helps
:)D

Dear Diane

Could you please tell more info about the SunCoast Hospital in Fl.

Do they have lectures?
Housing?
What bad and good things have you heard.

Thank you very much for your time.

Freddy