D.O.'s on Long Island?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had shadowed a D.O. while living in South Florida, and now, living on the island, I am interested in shadowing another D.O. bI would like to build up some more experience..anyone know of any willing D.O.'s out here?

Members don't see this ad.

Contact NYCOM about staff DOs who work in the clinic. Most of them are very approachable.

I will give them a buzz...thanks...anyone else out there with any ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a book out there, AOA Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians. I think they print it every year. The D.O. I am shadowing let me look through it. It has all of the D.O.'s in the country broken down by state and town. It also shows where they went to school, what year they graduated, what they specialize in, and contact information. This is a great resource if you can get ahold of a copy.
Also, each state prints an annual book that shows all of the physicians in a state, D.O.'s and M.D.'s. They are in alphabetical order. This is also a great book to look through.
I don't know if you would find them in a library. The AOA book sells for $170.oo (ouch).
Maybe you can ask your PCP if he has any books. If y ou have a good relationshpi, then you should be ok and you will be on your way!
Good luck and let me know how it works out.

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
"D.O. Wannabe"

Thanks...really appreciate it...I was hoping someone would specifically know of a D.O. that I could speak to...but I will use this info for now...

Thanks Again!!