D.O. Schools starting in the summer rather then fall..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do many schools begin classes in the summer rather then fall? I know Michigan does...

I don't graduate until summer, therefore I don't want to apply to any of those ^^

Thanks!

+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Do many schools begin classes in the summer rather then fall? I know Michigan does...

I don't graduate until summer, therefore I don't want to apply to any of those ^^

Thanks!

+pity+
I am pretty sure most start in summer

Define "Summer". Do you consider August as a summer session? If so then yes, most of us start in the summer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

+pity+
When are you graduating?....most undergrad colleges end in early-mid May. MSUCOM started 6/11, that's like a solid month before you would have to start school again. But I understand if you want an extra month of summer before you start med school.

When are you graduating?....most undergrad colleges end in early-mid May. MSUCOM started 6/11, that's like a solid month before you would have to start school again. But I understand if you want an extra month of summer before you start med school.
Wow... I hope you get out early at the end of first and/or second year.

Reactions: 1 user
LECOM starts first year at the end of July. The latest undergrad I know of ends in mid-June, so I imagine no matter what you could apply almost anywhere and be fine (most early DO schools start in July). Even if you get into MSU-COM (seriously June 11th?) you could probably talk to your undergrad professors and take finals early or something, then just go back for a day to walk in graduation.

LECOM-SH and AZCOM both start end of July.

If you graduate in the summer because you're in the quarter system and finish up in June, you should be fine everywhere except maybe MSUCOM. If you're actually taking classes all summer until August or so, that's likely to pose a problem at a lot of schools.

LMU begins the first week of August.
yeah, Nova starts 1st Monday of August. I wish they started earlier, but at least I have a solid 1.5 months to do nothing until my life is forever busy :)

Reactions: 1 user