Samvandam55

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I was looking for any opportunities to shadow a osteopathic doctor in the bay area. I have been so far denied by 10 physicians so far but I am still dedicated to find a osteopathic doctor to shadow. I looked in the other threads in sdn to find them outdated and dead so I figured I should start another thread. Any help would be great guys!

The_Bird

OvO
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Try the iLearn system to search for mentors near you. Good luck!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Drive over to Touro-CA and chat up the DO faculty. My own DO colleagues love it when people do that here.

I was looking for any opportunities to shadow a osteopathic doctor in the bay area. I have been so far denied by 10 physicians so far but I am still dedicated to find a osteopathic doctor to shadow. I looked in the other threads in sdn to find them outdated and dead so I figured I should start another thread. Any help would be great guys!

Oct 27, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Its not an absolute necessity to shadow a DO, I used to be in Boston which has an absolute paucity of DOs, I had several MD letters which sufficed. I did get questioned about Osteopathic Medicine during interviews but got accepted anyway, if you can find a DO school near you maybe ask them if you can shadow a faculty member.