DA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Truth seeker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The most difficult tooth to extract and perform RCT is ?

Decks Answer says : Maxillary 1st pm:confused:

But i had read earlier Mand 1st pm is referred to as "enigma to endodontist" as there bifurcations and trifurcations are most commonly seen in it.

Please reply with possible reasoning .
Also i have a doubt do we always go by decks answers as correct ? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

u right man if u search in google as endodontic enigma in PM
u would find mand 1st pm every where...
as almost 30% 1st man pm root is bifurcated n trifercated
so i think correct ans is mand 1st pm

u right man if u search in google as endodontic enigma in PM
u would find mand 1st pm every where...
as almost 30% 1st man pm root is bifurcated n trifercated
so i think correct ans is mand 1st pm

Well, i too think that its mandibular 1st PM because of the mental foramen below which makes it difficult.
Pls correct if i am wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
I did check up in a couple of other places.

"kash" , as u said its not abt mental foramen, its abt bi - n trifurcations wrt mand 1st pm that makes it diff for endodontist .

I agree from omfs perspective we always find it difficult to extract 1st pm.

Wouldn't the tooth with the most roots/canals be the hardest to extract? That'd be the max 1stpm since it has two roots compared to 1 for the others.

Is this question limited to premolars only?

yes the choice only had premolars else mand/max 3rd molar depending on the type of impaction would have been a possible answer, but now we have to choose between wats in the question. imp is its difficult to extract and perform rct as well .

but my doubt still is wat do we do when we come across such questions go by decks blindly :confused: ?

Thanks to everybody

yes the choice only had premolars else mand/max 3rd molar depending on the type of impaction would have been a possible answer, but now we have to choose between wats in the question. imp is its difficult to extract and perform rct as well .

but my doubt still is wat do we do when we come across such questions go by decks blindly :confused: ?

Thanks to everybody

The maxillary 1st premolar has a mesial intraradicular groove. Therefore the root planning of the mesial side and adapting a matrix band on the mesial side can both be difficult because of this groove... (dentessentials) Plus it has 2 roots.
This might be the reason for maxillary 1st premolar...

Anybody for more reasoning?

The Dental Decks aren't perfect. Each edition has a posted list of corrections on their website. Go there to make sure you have updated information. Otherwise, go with what you've learned in class. You need to have faith in whatever it is you study. The boards has way too much information in it to be doubting your resources during your studies.

Measure of horizontal overlap(over jet) of the teeth is easily done by which of the following methods?

a- Measure from facial surface of mendibular incisor to facial surface of maxillary incisor in intercuspal position. (ans)

b- with the subject intercuspal position, mark the position of incisal edge on the facial surface of mand incisor. Then have the subject open mouth and measure from the mark to the incisal edge.

c- measure from the midline b/w max centrel incisor to the misdline of mand centrel incisor.

d- measure from the incisal edge of maxillary centrel incisor to the incisal edge of mand centrel incisor with mandible in maximum open position.

the only confusion in answer is why not its lingual or palatal of max. incisor. Plz explain this.

as long as you are consistent with your measurement meaning that is you measure from the lingual on mand you measure to lingual of max. so they can phrase it differently just have to be consistent about where you take the measurement from.

Which sequence of eruption of permanant teeth occurs most often?

a- 6,1,2,4,3,5,7,8 (Maxilla)
b- 6,1,2,3,4,5,7,8 (Maxilla)
c- (6,1),2,4,3,5,7,8 (Mandible) Answer
d- 1,6,2,4,5,3,7,8 (Mandible)

I think choice-A is correct as in mandible cannine usually erupts before 1st pre molar but in maxilla it erupts after 1st pre molar. Plz highlight ur openion.

Yes even i think that it should be A and not C

Which sequence of eruption of permanant teeth occurs most often?

a- 6,1,2,4,3,5,7,8 (Maxilla)
b- 6,1,2,3,4,5,7,8 (Maxilla)
c- (6,1),2,4,3,5,7,8 (Mandible) Answer
d- 1,6,2,4,5,3,7,8 (Mandible)

I think choice-A is correct as in mandible cannine usually erupts before 1st pre molar but in maxilla it erupts after 1st pre molar. Plz highlight ur openion.