DA Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

live

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of the following structures of a maxillary 1st molar moves through the distofacial groove of a mandibular 1st molar?

a. Mesial MR
b. Distal MR
c. Mesiofacial cusp
d. Distofacial cusp - Answer given
e. Oblique Ridge

Why can't e be correct also? WHen I read it I thought they both are right but the key says d! Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Which of the following structures of a maxillary 1st molar moves through the distofacial groove of a mandibular 1st molar?

a. Mesial MR
b. Distal MR
c. Mesiofacial cusp
d. Distofacial cusp - Answer given
e. Oblique Ridge

Why can't e be correct also? WHen I read it I thought they both are right but the key says d! Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

the distobuccal cusp of the max 1st molar opposes the distobuccal groove of the mandibular 1st molar.

oblique ridge of the maxillary 1st molar opposes the developmental groove betwn the distobuccal and distal cusps of the mand 1st molar.

these 2 statements r from decks.so,1st statement satisfies the answer given.may be its just the terminolgy mentioned in decks what matters here.if the question was framed in the 2nd statement terminolgy,oblique ridge would have been the answer.
i agree both r same......just tried to find out the logic in choosing distobuccal cusp as answer....