da ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8. Incisal wear of anterior teeth increases the ratio of lingual surface crown length to labial surface crown length in
A. maxillary canines only.
B. mandibular canines only.
C. all maxillary anterior teeth.
D. all mandibular anterior teeth.

Members don't see this ad.

8. Incisal wear of anterior teeth increases the ratio of lingual surface crown length to labial surface crown length in

A. maxillary canines only.
B. mandibular canines only.
C. all maxillary anterior teeth.

D. all mandibular anterior teeth.

what I understand from the question is that the wear facets are on the labial of the tooth they're asking for, and the other mandibular anteriors are not usually subjected to stress enough to cause wear, hope I'm right :rolleyes:

the other mandibular anteriors are not usually subjected to stress enough to cause wear, hope I'm right

You obviously have not seen many patients who grind their teeth at night or have poor occlusal schemes.
Based on my clinical experience, I would say the answer is D. what the question is getting at the slope of the incisal edges. In max incisors, the edge runs down from facial to lingual, with the facial edge being longer than lingual. Its the opposite in mandibular incisors, so when you get wear on their incisal edges, usually the facial edge is the one that gets shorter, leaving you w a longer lingual to facial ratio.

Hope this helps, good luck studying:thumbup: