1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Daaang! I just took my first practice and got a 22!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by dedicate, Dec 12, 2008.

1. dedicate

dedicate took mcat, now applying
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    lol, this is kind of bad, but I must say, just reading the EK books and doing their questions is so different. The test was a lot more reading than I thought it would be and I really underestimated that.

I'm really just posting this as a reaction lol, not so much a question other than, should I be this shocked?!

I'm not so shocked at my score, I didnt get to a lot just because my time management was dreadful. I never placed as much emphasis on timeliness when doing questions and general study so I can understand that problem.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dedicate

dedicate took mcat, now applying
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Oh and it was a Kaplan test btw.

4. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Keep at it!

Nowhere to go but up!!

5. Vihsadas

Vihsadas No summer
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Preeetty much.

Now you know that you have to work on your timing and really attacking the test and the passages. So focus on figuring out which things are really important for your go quickly through and which things you should take a bit more time on. Learning how to pick out the important information in the passages is also important for this purpose. GL. :)

6. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    was it the kaplan diag or a full test? The diag is meant to be nasty...so don't even worry about that. But even if it's a regular full length, just get practicing and you're score can go up significantly!

7. scaredoflife

scaredoflife Eaaagglleee
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey no need to worry you did better than me on my first practice test, but there is huge room for you to improve so keep going.

8. Simran1031

Simran1031 Princess of 2014=)
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I got a 22 on the actual one but I am studying differently for the second time and hope to do better so I know how you feel! The key is to never give up no matter what!

9. Rutgers06

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If timing was a huge issue, then a 22 isn't that horrible. I taught a Kaplan MCAT class and had students who got a score in that range on the diagnostic and ended up doing pretty well on the actual MCAT (mid 30s). Improving your score is very doable as long as you're willing to spend the time and effort.

10. halekulani

halekulani Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    word

my 1st diag was a 17.

a test score doesn't mean anything until you've full prepared for one and gave it your best.