Daaang! I just took my first practice and got a 22!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicate

took mcat, now applying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
lol, this is kind of bad, but I must say, just reading the EK books and doing their questions is so different. The test was a lot more reading than I thought it would be and I really underestimated that.

I'm really just posting this as a reaction lol, not so much a question other than, should I be this shocked?!

I'm not so shocked at my score, I didnt get to a lot just because my time management was dreadful. I never placed as much emphasis on timeliness when doing questions and general study so I can understand that problem.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep at it!

Nowhere to go but up!!

Preeetty much.

Now you know that you have to work on your timing and really attacking the test and the passages. So focus on figuring out which things are really important for your go quickly through and which things you should take a bit more time on. Learning how to pick out the important information in the passages is also important for this purpose. GL. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
was it the kaplan diag or a full test? The diag is meant to be nasty...so don't even worry about that. But even if it's a regular full length, just get practicing and you're score can go up significantly!

Hey no need to worry you did better than me on my first practice test, but there is huge room for you to improve so keep going.

I got a 22 on the actual one but I am studying differently for the second time and hope to do better so I know how you feel! The key is to never give up no matter what!

If timing was a huge issue, then a 22 isn't that horrible. I taught a Kaplan MCAT class and had students who got a score in that range on the diagnostic and ended up doing pretty well on the actual MCAT (mid 30s). Improving your score is very doable as long as you're willing to spend the time and effort.