daily log and misc regulatory questions NYS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khydroxide

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

does anyone still sign daily logs ? Many people have told me it's not required anymore. Are we still required print electronic prescriptions ? At CVS we stopped a while ago but i notice most independents still print and sign (atleast the controls and narcs rx's). Also, the store is no longer a compounding pharmacy but the board is asking for a "certificate of compliance (infusion pharmacy/hood inspection report)" ....Will it be sufficient to just state that we no longer compound in the email ? Inspection is right around the corner and i'm a little nervous as i haven't done one before.

I have the NYS BOP checklist but please feel free to add anything you think i may have missed :
got rid of all expired meds/compounds (expired narcs still in a basket at the bottom of safe with expired labeled)
security system/cameras and locks in place
licenses on the wall
drug retail price list sign
measuring device capable of measuring 0.1ml---will a 1ml oral syringe suffice ?? i could grab a couple from cvs
narc inv is accurate and electronic now
somebody mentioned niosh list and cms fraud waste compliance but don't know about all that. not even sure how to complete that training. if someone could elaborate that would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

NIOSH list/USP 800 compliance should be at the top of your list... table 1/2/3 hazardous drugs labeled with red bins would be a good start. Narrow down what drugs you have on the NIOSH list and create a site-specific HD list to keep on hand.

You're a prime target come 12/1/19 if you don't have that in place.

And yes my state still signs daily log.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Can't help with most of that but I'm in NYS and I have to sign a daily log. We also don't print electronic prescriptions any more but your system has to be capable of making electronic annotations in that case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile