Dalhousie University MHA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan Brar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello frnz,
Dalhousie has started reviewing MHA applications and i just received acceptance mail.So,anyone else here,got it ??.Anyone Planning to attend this program?
I am kind of confused between USC in LA and DAL,but most probably going to DAL.:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ryan,
I recently got accepted into Dal MHA program as well. I also have offers from UBC and Cornell - probably not going to UBC (as much as I love Vancouver!) so now I'm deciding between Cornell or Dal. The tuition for Dal is def A LOT cheaper but then the exposure would be so much different if I go to the States.
What made you choose Dal over USC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Ryan,
I recently got accepted into Dal MHA program as well. I also have offers from UBC and Cornell - probably not going to UBC (as much as I love Vancouver!) so now I'm deciding between Cornell or Dal. The tuition for Dal is def A LOT cheaper but then the exposure would be so much different if I go to the States.
What made you choose Dal over USC?
hi..good to see that someone replied.My primary reason is Finance.USC requires atleast $ 1,00,000($70,000 tuition+ living in LA),where as Dal requires $60,000($ 40,000 tuition+living in halifax).I have no financial aid or scholarship etc b'coz of being an international student,so paying for program is a very important concern for me,especially when $1=Indian 51 bucks. As far as MHA programs are concerned,i found that Dal has impressive affiliations in US,Canada and Europe too.It has residency component..no doubt,Opportunities are different,maybe more in states but in Canada,there are only 3 CAHME accredited programs,so i guess,Program has much value as compared to States,its my guess although. Another Important reason is permanent residency,which is next to impossible to get in USA,and i am done with their VISA system. Canada is Safe & relatively economically stable as compared to States.But Your situation is different than mine.You are Canadian,so your govt. can loan you money you need to study and you always have the option to come back home,in case states doesn't work out.I would love to read your perspective on Dalhousie and any opinion in difference of opportunities in both countries b'coz i may be wrong or having limited knowledge of these things

Hi Ryan,
I completely understand where you are coming from. Right now I'm still torn between the 2 programs and one of my biggest concern is the amount of exposure the program will give me in the future - i.e. alumni networks; faculty; opportunities; etc. Dal is a relatively new program and I'm a bit concerned about the exposure and job opportunities after graduation. Cost is definitely another factor. Cornell MHA would cost me 25,000$/year and I would need to be taking out student loans for this. Dal would be less than half of the cost for tuition.
Guess my question is: is the high cost worth it? I have never been to Ithaca/visited Cornell and so if I were to go to Cornell, I would have to take a leap of faith somewhat.

Hi Ryan,
I completely understand where you are coming from. Right now I'm still torn between the 2 programs and one of my biggest concern is the amount of exposure the program will give me in the future - i.e. alumni networks; faculty; opportunities; etc. Dal is a relatively new program and I'm a bit concerned about the exposure and job opportunities after graduation. Cost is definitely another factor. Cornell MHA would cost me 25,000$/year and I would need to be taking out student loans for this. Dal would be less than half of the cost for tuition.
Guess my question is: is the high cost worth it? I have never been to Ithaca/visited Cornell and so if I were to go to Cornell, I would have to take a leap of faith somewhat.
Hello dear, I can understand your confusion.Before you think of positive and Negative things about Cornell,think about you working in US. I mean getting H1 Visa for 3 years(which is not sufficient for repaying back loans) and then get another one. US immigration and work Visa stuff is a serious think to consider before you actually plan to attend Cornell b'coz all of its benefits,would be helpful for working in states only.I have no idea about the arrangements between US and Canada regarding their citizens working in other country.So ,If its gonna be smooth ride for you,i guess,u can afford to take loans and attend Cornell.

Submitted program deposit today...but yet to see anyone else going for Dal MHA.

hi Ryan Brar...have you finished with your Mha from Dalhousie?..... am planning to apply for Dalhousie MHA programme for next sep 2015 .. would like to know how the programme is what are the prospects after getting an mha from Dalhousie ..

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Ryan Brar, Su9doc,

I am also looking for an MHA program there,could you please let me know the experience in Dalhousie MHA program and the job prospects?

Thanks in advance.
Ravi