Dallas Ft. Worth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area?

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Arlington, but only until Aug 23.

I do....why?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if either of you had any information on good hospitals to volunteer in...also I heard that some places would train me as a nurse's aide. Do either of you know about this?

I live around Dallas. Places train you to be a nurse's aide??? I haven't heard of that. However, I've called up a couple of places and their summer programs are full. The only positive I turned up was Methodist, the sister hospital to Charlton. As long as you're 21 or over, they'll accept you, apparently. Orientation is on June 26th.

Hospitals that you can train at for a Patient Care Technician position in the DFW area are: Zale Lipshy University Hospital, Parkland Hospital, Denton Regional Medical Center, Denton Community Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, and John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. These are the programs that I am aware of but there may be others. Contact the human resource department at each facility to see if they will have a new class starting anytime soon. Sometimes they advertise class dates in the Dallas Morning News classified employment section. The training program at Denton Community Hospital might not be available because at the time I heard about it they were in the process of implementing it. Usually these programs are for 3-4 weeks from 8-5, including paid training and benefits. The two drawbacks to training at the hospital is that you sign a contract that requires you to work at that specific facility for a certain length of time and you will usually not be able to become a CNA which may be required by other facilities you may want to work at. You may want to get the CNA training instead so that you can decide where you want to work. El Centro College, Cedar Valley College and Tarrant County College all have this training available but you will have to pay for tuition instead of getting paid to learn.

Thanks for the tips.