damn it, back to earth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zurned

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my first acceptance on monday and i was soooo excited. I had this huge smile on my face the whole day and all I could think about was med school. But now, it's like life as usual. Of course, I'm still glad I got accepted and I'm relieved. But I didn't expect the high to disappear so soon. Anyone else felt this?

Members don't see this ad.

Life goes on my friend. Congrats on your acceptance! And work hard in medical school.

dude, i feel the same way...earth sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I am in the same boat as you. It really sucks losing that high. Even re-reading the acceptance letter doesn't do it for me anymore.....

My prediction: This thread will draw a lot of abuse from those without acceptances yet. To those, my apologies.

I think the loss of the "high" is more because there is so much time between now and then. I don't want to finish undergrad. I don't want to wait nine months. Mommmmmy I want it NOWWWW!

OK, we're spoiled brats. Someone please put us in our place.

Rjuza333 said:
My prediction: This thread will draw a lot of abuse from those without acceptances yet. To those, my apologies.

I HATE YOU ALL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

but congrats :)

dajimmers said:
OK, we're spoiled brats. Someone please put us in our place.

think of it this way....you're going to be a doctor...

C.P. Jones said:
think of it this way....you're going to be a doctor...

Jones is right. If you need another rush of the high when you get down...just remember that you are going to be a doctor. Definitely helps.

To all without acceptances, I give you my thoughts and prayers....good luck to all, the season is still young.

Yeah...eeeeee...gotta wait till past thanksgiving for the outcome of my first interview. I can't wait...just tell me if I made the cut or not...! AAHHH! [/selfish]

Yeah...eeeeee...gotta wait till past Thanksgiving for the outcome of my first interview. I can't wait...just tell me if I made the cut or not...! AAHHH! [/selfish]

edit: Oh great I just wanted to capitalize Thanksgiving and I get a double post. AAHHH!