Damn, my AMCAS was submitted Tuesday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
And it is already been processed. Wow.

Members don't see this ad.

Wha, its verified?
Mine went active Tuesday and its still Verifying...

No it is processed. GPA calculated and everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it wasnt even active till yesterday morning.

I was expecting the 4-6 weeks. Plus they didnt change my gpa either :cool:

well no, you enter all your coursework and they calculate the BMCP or whatever the initails are. It wasnt any different from what I expected it to be.

Shades-

Damn. That is fast. Bummer that I'm still waiting for "supporting documents".

dc

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I am pumped. I had my school send my transcript in on the thursday before this tuesday.

Shibby is right!

Dubya Tee Eff, its been a whole 10 minutes and it still says Current Application Status: Verification. I am angered.

So when does my one school I am applying to get this appy?

I just had the transcript sent yesterday. I also submitted yesterday. Shades, I think since we go to a school that uses A/B/C/D/F, our GPAs that we calculate should be the same as our AMCAS GPA.

I'm guessing UAB will get the application pretty soon and start sending out secondaries, but I don't know.

Thats awesome haha. My science gpa kicks my "others" gpa's ass.

Shades, since you've got the Golden GPA (from what I gathered from the other thread), it was probably easy to check across your transcript and what you entered, which probably explains the speed.

Since others here have their applications in early, yeah, it will be a while, but certainly not as long as folks who get their stuff in much later (or have slower verifiers).

Isn't the gpa the only thing that needs to be processed? I am just happy, sorry if I made anyone mad.

All they do is verify what you recorded (your classes & grades) against what your transcript says.

However, some people are much slower in this process, and if you're in the pile of the slow mover... you might wait for a long while (I think the piles are divided up by last name, e.g., A-C, D-E, etc.). It took mine about a month to be processed, while others had theirs verified in as little as two weeks (and some probably took longer). Shades, this sounds like record time to me.

For the others waiting for verification: it usually isn't an instant process. Be patient and it will get done. Remember, you're still in the early applicant boat!

Fermata said:

...Breaks out "urban dictionary".....

great, really good; cool

or

The f*** yeah factor which demonstrates total agreement amongst buddies both drunk and shober.

What are the statuses that the application goes through?

When I submitted mine on late Tuesday night, it said "Hold" for about 2 hours, then it switched to "Active"

Whats next? Is it "Verified" or "Processed"?

thanks

Heal&Teach said:
All they do is verify what you recorded (your classes & grades) against what your transcript says.

However, some people are much slower in this process, and if you're in the pile of the slow mover... you might wait for a long while (I think the piles are divided up by last name, e.g., A-C, D-E, etc.). It took mine about a month to be processed, while others had theirs verified in as little as two weeks (and some probably took longer). Shades, this sounds like record time to me.

For the others waiting for verification: it usually isn't an instant process. Be patient and it will get done. Remember, you're still in the early applicant boat!

Do they try to do ED applicants first?

After active comes Verification, then I don't know.

Only thing worse than refreshing AMCAS and seeing nothing change is refreshing scottrade and seeing another hundred bucks go.

No, not day trading, but stocks yes. Markets close in 5 minutes and it looks like I'm down 90 bucks for a second day.

Here's how investors think: Economy is bad, and interest rates are going down: bad sign, time to sell. Economy is good, but interest rates are going up: bad sign, time to sell. Aye, if people just stopped giving a poo about the rates nothing would matter.

I see. I would be pissed too. Thats why I guess I am sticking to my checking account for now.

Shades McCool - UAB is still working on filling their class for this fall from the waitlist so it might be a while before they get around to the 2005 applications. Best of luck though! I'm starting there next month and I can't wait.

Are you orginally from Dothan? Both my grandparents are there. Where did you go to school? I know a bunch of people from Dothan. Oh congrats!!!

Shades, with regard to the ED question:

It would make some sense, but I'm not sure if they process early decision folks first over other applicants - it wouldn't seem fair when regular cycle applicants got their stuff in just as early. I would expect that the early decision process hails moreso on the speed of transaction with the secondary application process at your ED school, not your primary AMCAS.

Heal&Teach said:
Shades, with regard to the ED question:

It would make some sense, but I'm not sure if they process early decision folks first over other applicants - it wouldn't seem fair when regular cycle applicants got their stuff in just as early. I would expect that the early decision process hails moreso on the speed of transaction with your secondary to your ED school, not your primary AMCAS.

Thanks, are you applying or you already in?

No problem. Already in (Thank God). Going to Pitt. :)

Mine was done on the 9th, I sent my transcript in early I think. Now is it 4 weeks from that date, or 4 weeks from the 1st...

Heal&Teach said:

So what exactly happens during the "verification" process? Are they just checking grades? What about residency status, checking our jobs/credentials, etc.?

-tx

Nope, they don't do any of that other stuff... just the basics.

They look at the transcripts that you've had sent from your undergraduate institution, and make sure that what you filled in for the grades portion of your AMCAS matches the official document. If there are gross discrepancies, they'll kick your application back to you. Otherwise, if there are small issues, they'll just make a note of it and deem your application "verified". Half the time, you may see a marking or two and don't even know why it was placed there. If you print out your AMCAS, you'll see the designations at the bottom of the application that are used by the AAMC in the verification column next to each class that you've listed.

Well, Thursday's over and I'm still verifying, guess my verifier is slow. :scared:

Pinkertinkle,

same here too. they changed my status to "verification" in the morning and nothing happened at the end of the day. Hopefully, by tomorrow, we will both be verified. :)

Pinkertinkle & Dr. Chiquite, if you just submitted it this week (or even on the 1st of June) - give it some time. It may happen next week, or the week after, or the week after. Just give it some time. It'll happen. You won't be at a disadvantage. It's still very early. I think that Shades situation is unique (I've never known an application to get verified in two days), but again, it's early, so you never know.

Mine took about a week to verify. For some reason all my pass/fail classes have the "X" indicating a change, but I know I marked them pass/fail so who knows.

ZappBrannigan said:
Mine took about a week to verify. For some reason all my pass/fail classes have the "X" indicating a change, but I know I marked them pass/fail so who knows.

Same thing happened with me, too. I have those "X"s for my pass/fail courses.

H&T and Zapp,

how long does it usually take though to change from "verification" status to "verified/processed"?

Can't answer that one. It sounds like the application is processed, but the status hasn't changed over. All I know is that you'll get an e-mail when the process is complete.

You are probably right. My nick-name amongst my peers is actually Clark.