Damn...two job offers in a week. Anybody need a job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Crazy world, eh? Go months with nothing...then a week with everything.

I'm taking the most desirable offer, obviously.

However - if anyone on here wants a GREAT lead on a job in Tyler, Texas, (1 hour and 45 from Dallas) hit me up. I can get you in contact with a district manager that needs some people RIGHT NOW.

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations, I know you were looking for a while! are you moving/is it far from where you currently live?

Congratulations dude, very happy to hear this news.

It's a Christmas miracle;)

Members don't see this ad :)

However - if anyone on here wants a GREAT lead on a job in Tyler, Texas, (1 hour and 45 from Dallas) hit me up. I can get you in contact with a district manager that needs some people RIGHT NOW.
Is your offer there too? If so, get in touch with HaleyRX ASAP!

You coming to Texas?

Yeay! So happy to hear the news...you deserve it Mikey. :thumbup:

Yeah boyee, eat some crow... and you didn't believe in holiday stuff.

You coming this way?

Congrats dood. :thumbup:

Thanks! I do not know where the time has gone? I don't feel old but the numbers don't lie. It seems like yesterday I was 20 yeas old working 3rd shift loading trucks for $7 an hour.

^
Did angry customers yell at you when you were loading trucks?

Yeah boyee, eat some crow... and you didn't believe in holiday stuff.

You coming this way?

Holy crap! MountainPharmD, Z-Pack and WVUPharmD all living within 2 hours of each other? That is too much. There might be some kind of SDN blackhole open up and destroy the world. You better think about this Mike.

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy crap! MountainPharmD, Z-Pack and WVUPharmD all living within 2 hours of each other? That is too much. There might be some kind of SDN blackhole open up and destroy the world. You better think about this Mike.

Well, we don't know if it's in Tyler....evidently the position he's referring to is the one he's not taking.

You have a camcorder?

^
Did angry customers yell at you when you were loading trucks?

I was pretty good at it. Only 1 out of every 10 applicants made it past the 90 day probation. It was kind of like playing tetris in real life. The converbelt into the truck moved at a certain speed and you had to keep up or you got fired. I think if you stopped the belt more than twice you got written up. And no there were no angry customers yelling at me thanks!

I was pretty good at it. Only 1 out of every 10 applicants made it past the 90 day probation. It was kind of like playing tetris in real life. The converbelt into the truck moved at a certain speed and you had to keep up or you got fired. I think if you stopped the belt more than twice you got written up. And no there were no angry customers yelling at me thanks!

I think this is the perfect thread to list the jobs you've had.

12, mowed lawn, good money
15, Garden Center shoveling top soil into plastic bag. Yes, unit dosing. (min wage) , then Ice Cream shop (Min Wage)
16, Popeyes (min wage)
16-17, Seafood Restaurant - Busboy ($3.50 + tips)
17-18, Guitar Lessons ($7.50)

College Years ( K-Mart, burger joint, & Mortgage rep)

Should I list them on my resume?

:thumbup: Congrats that is GREAT news!

You have a camcorder?

I think this is his really shy way of trying to ask you if you'd like to film a movie with him....:p

I think this is the perfect thread to list the jobs you've had.

12, mowed lawn, good money
15, Garden Center shoveling top soil into plastic bag. Yes, unit dosing. (min wage) , then Ice Cream shop (Min Wage)
16, Popeyes (min wage)
16-17, Seafood Restaurant - Busboy ($3.50 + tips)
17-18, Guitar Lessons ($7.50)

College Years ( K-Mart, burger joint, & Mortgage rep)

Should I list them on my resume?

wow! you worked really hard through the years....:eek:
so even though it says otherwise under your avatar, you never really became a Pharmacist?

I think this is his really shy way of trying to ask you if you'd like to film a movie with him....:p

I'm looking for a camcorder to record music recitals you sick woman.

wow! you worked really hard through the years....:eek:

Many jobs equal not "hard work."

Congratulations, WVU! :thumbup:

Now for ME to find a job! Last night, I found a hospital that had 2 FTE openings, but the online application was down so I'll try again today.

Why hasn't Texas fallen off into the Gulf of Mexico? Because OK sucks so hard.

Why does Texas have a large prison system? Because it borders Oklahoma.

Why do golfers like golfing in Oklahoma? Cause you can hit the ball within 3 feet of the hole and make a hole in one cause Oklahoma really sucks.

What does a Oklahoma graduate and a tornado have in common? They both will end up in a trailer park.

Why do the OK license plate say "Oklahoma is Ok?" Because they can't spell mediocre.

:smuggrin:

LMAO... just got a text from the most cheap bastid friend of mine asking if I want to golf Christmas day because free green fees at the local muni.. just pay the cart. And he's a hospital CFO..

LMAO... just got a text from the most cheap bastid friend of mine asking if I want to golf Christmas day because free green fees at the local muni.. just pay the cart. And he's a hospital CFO..

A CFO trying to save money sounds right to me.

I called that hospital to see what was going on with their online application site, and it turns out I had applied for a job earlier, they still had my information on file, and it simply loaded in when I applied for those two jobs.

One is 80 hours, and the other is 64 hours. Full time either way.

I have no recollection of having applied there in the past, but I must have.

No, I'm not moving to Texas. I said I'm taking the better opportunity. :laugh:

-----

I'm being serious, though. I told the dude I have a lot of contacts and that I'd recruit for him (mostly because I felt bad about having to turn him down)...so if anyone out there doesn't have a job and would like one in a decently populated place that is a short drive to a major metropolis with cheap cost of living - please do PM me.

And I'm assuming something for both you and the wife, yes?

No, I'm not moving to Texas. I said I'm taking the better opportunity. :laugh:

-----

I'm being serious, though. I told the dude I have a lot of contacts and that I'd recruit for him (mostly because I felt bad about having to turn him down)...so if anyone out there doesn't have a job and would like one in a decently populated place that is a short drive to a major metropolis with cheap cost of living - please do PM me.

Whew! That would be to much SDN awesomeness in one place!

Oh my god, the only time I ever interned at a store and was robbed while working was in Tyler, TX. No wonder there's a great job opening there...

but don't live in Dallas, it's way too expensive. Living in Tyler will cut your rent down by almost 75%. I have a friend working there living in a nice apartment for $300 a month. I can't speak for everyone but I'd rather have the extra cash in the bank than in someone else's bank if you know what I mean.

Oh my god, the only time I ever interned at a store and was robbed while working was in Tyler, TX. No wonder there's a great job opening there...

but don't live in Dallas, it's way too expensive. Living in Tyler will cut your rent down by almost 75%. I have a friend working there living in a nice apartment for $300 a month. I can't speak for everyone but I'd rather have the extra cash in the bank than in someone else's bank if you know what I mean.

Judging by your name you must be an Okie because no Texan in their right mind would suggest living in Tyler over Dallas.

Judging by your name you must be an Okie because no Texan in their right mind would suggest living in Tyler over Dallas.

No, I lived in Texas all the way through high school. My brother has an apartment in Dallas and his rent is $1200 a month. Sure it's a bit high but it beats living in South Oak Cliff. If he lived in Tyler that would save him around $10,000 a year which could buy a lot of nice things.